Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradford
[

Bradford, wheels are stock 993GT2 sizes:
9X18 ET34
11X18 ET18

What brand wheels are they? Thanks
BBS racing with aluminium centres approx 9kg ea. They have been refinished by clear anodised rim with painted centres (they come with no finish and are unsuitable for DD road use like this).
Best source IMO is Gert at www.carnewal.com
Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by LA964RS
Are the mirrors finished in "flat" or have they yet to be buffed. I never thought of flat...but that's pretty cool if that's what you were going for....kind of a whole new concept of finishing certain areas flat....mmmm me thinks you could be onto something trendy and useful here.
Not an issue for you guys in the US but I had to find "pod" mirrors suitable for right hand drive, the original Techart ones I had (although pretty with carbon weave finish) were cr@p and unusable as a mirror ! RS Tuning got me these, not sure where from, but they are full carbon but came in a primered white finish - I went for the flat black as an experiment and do think it looks pretty good now, certainly better than being coded to the vehicle colour ?

Originally Posted by LA964RS
GT i/c issues w/this motor are a bear....I wanted to go wingless but at the end of the day nobody could provide any information on air/water or otherwise, to show I could have a system that didn't heat soak terribly from normal driving...track is a different story. As it is now, w/the tight seal of the duck tail to the i/c, its cool to the touch even after an extremely spirited work out.
Some history on the outboard I/Cs: pioneered by RS (Rhienhold Schmirler) when he was Ruf's head mech for the Yellowbird CTR but never really worked very well. The prototype CTR had them sticking up like wings either side of the engine with those NACA ducts in the rear wings supposedly feeding cooling air. Production models had them more vertical attached to the sides of the chassis but with the useless NACA ducts deleted- neither was effective and with the **** turned up to 1.2bar a CTR could heatsoak very quickly -fortunately its efficient profile only needed high 400s hp to hit its phenomenal top speed. RS only ever used traditional rear spoiler based intercooler placement after this.....
Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 AM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As they are on the yellow bird

As they are on a normal CTR

Quick Reply: Pics - OMG