Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andial Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Stummel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make the chart a sticky post, so nobody will ever ask again if giac ecu will be ok.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pramtt - Thank you for posting the pic! Also the data was helpful as well. Seems like good evidence that the Andial IC does provide some benefit over the stock IC for that particular situation.

Lets keep this discussion on the Andial IC guys, oil temps have zero to do with IAT's. If it makes anyone feel any better my oil temps are just fine on the track regardless of ambient temp. I have two gigantic oil coolers in the front

CJ - Your correct in that the ecu will pull timing when things get too hot. When on track we are in a constant battle with heat. Higher Octane, more efficient turbos etc all help with temps but the IC must be addressed in order to help keep the ECU from pulling timing due to higher IAT's.

For the time being I'm going to start running my meth/water inj kit. On my other turbo cars my IAT's would go below delta on a normal run through the gears. Most of the time on track they would be around 10deg above delta most the time which isn't all that bad (this is with larger IC's though). Filling the tank every session can be a pain but its worth it imo.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I believe that higher octane only helps prevent detonation aka "knock" which is one of the parameters that will cause the ecu to pull back.

Very interesting chart Pram. Unfortunately I do not see two curves that are just differennt IC with all other parameters the same.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
I believe that higher octane only helps prevent detonation aka "knock" which is one of the parameters that will cause the ecu to pull back.

Very interesting chart Pram. Unfortunately I do not see two curves that are just differennt IC with all other parameters the same.
Its just one part in a number of things that we do to keep our engines healthy on the track. Higher IAT's only make the matter worse
Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be interested to hear how the water/meth injection goes. Maybe you want to start another thread on that as there has been quite a bit of interest in the past on that one.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LA964RS
Be interested to hear how the water/meth injection goes. Maybe you want to start another thread on that as there has been quite a bit of interest in the past on that one.
Will do. I've used them in the past on my S4 with GREAT success. You can see in all the logs where under full throttle from 2k up to 7k the IAT drop below delta everytime. The meth also acts as an octane booster I'm waiting for my data logger to get here and will start this project in Oct.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Very good datas PramTT. Thank you.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:05 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
Will do. I've used them in the past on my S4 with GREAT success. You can see in all the logs where under full throttle from 2k up to 7k the IAT drop below delta everytime. The meth also acts as an octane booster I'm waiting for my data logger to get here and will start this project in Oct.
Does this mean you need a meth lab to produce it for use?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Does this mean you need a meth lab to produce it for use?
lol
Old 09-21-2008, 11:23 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Just make sure todd retunes your car after you install the meth/water injection josh...you could see upwards of 20-30whp :-)
Old 09-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wagongotya
Just make sure todd retunes your car after you install the meth/water injection josh...you could see upwards of 20-30whp :-)
naa no retune for me Matt, I want to be able to run the car without the WI as well. My only goal is keeping IAT's at a reasonable level
Old 10-16-2008, 11:30 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Funny, I just got a call from Peter at Andial telling me my IC will ready in 2 weeks. I'll post pics and data once it arrives.
Update?

Final cost?
Old 10-17-2008, 01:09 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Pram that chart is very good info. It would be really interesting to see testing with some other added variables - 100-104 octane fuel, colder spark plugs, cat bypass, water injection - on the IAT's. I have a scantool that reads IAT and can log it - I just need to figure out how to get the data to a computer
Old 10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
PramTT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eclou:

The data that I got was from the Maha dyno operator as both 993tts were tuned by Guenther for the UMW stage 2 turbos. AFAIK all those data was compiled from the OBD port except the boost pressure which was measured directly from the manifold.

The variation just coincidentally happened since there were two 993tt with different IC (stock and Andial), different cats (stock and 100cells).

The data I got from the dyno operator was in pdf file that later on I inputed manually to my MS Excel file in order to plot out the chart.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Originally Posted by canysmc
Update?

Final cost?
I was told $3200. Still haven't heard back from them.

Quick Reply: Andial Intercooler