Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Santana Row Pics

Thank you guys for coming out this morning.Pretty nice selection of 993's
Attached Images                
Old 08-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

very cool thanx for sharing! great selection of tts.
approx how many pcars total were there?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

is that minerva blue 993 NA? Beautiful cars i wish i could have been there!!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Turbo S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me what two front bumpers are on this Red and Yellow car?
Thank You!
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Red's a RUF CTR-2 and the yellow's a TTS, no?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Turbo S
Rennlist Member

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. I like them both. Are they aftermarket? If so do you know who has the best fit and finish?
Thanks Again!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM
mpgandco
Pro

There was a guy in LA reproducing the RUF bumpers.You could also probably get them from Ruf in Dallas.The yellow one is a stockTT,C4s,C2s bumper you could probably get from Sunset Porsche or any other Dealer
Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Great pics! Always nice to see Kevin's awesome Ruf
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Anyone looking for Ruf bumpers....long?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A while back I bought a very nice brand new painted front Ruf bumper from a fellow Rennlister (thanks Roland). No this one is not for sale.

I didn't have any immediate plans on installing it until I found a center exhaust rear Ruf CTR2 Sport bumper to match the front. As it turns out, these are very rare and not easy to get unless you have an in at Ruf. So as a last ditch effort I contacted Steve Beddor. Steve has been racing his Ruf CTR2 Sport for many years.

I asked him if he had an extra used center exhaust Ruf rear bumper and he said he did but it had some damage to it. As it turned out, I ended up buying 1 rear and 2 front bumpers (everything he had) that all had some cosmetic damage.

I bought the fronts to fix them up and keep as spares or sell them.

Keep in mind that Steve's car is wider than a standard turbo so the bumpers would need to be narrowed down.

The first order of business was to figure out how to narrow the rear bumper to make it fit my car. I was told that Ruf makes their bumpers in pieces so they have seams in them. By the way, these are made out of fiberglass. I started by sanding the paint off to find the seams. Once I found the seams, I knew where I could start cutting them up.

See how much wider the CTR2 Sport is than a standard wide body.

After I narrowed it down to fit my car, I had my fiberglass shop seam it back together. It turned out great

So now I have front and a rear Ruf bumpers to mount up to my car, right? Not quite yet. Because some of the damaged front bumpers I bought from Steve were missing sections, I needed to make a new mold for the repairs.

So I had my fiberglass shop make me a mold from the original front bumper I bought to make the repairs on the damaged bumpers. Here is the first part off my mold. Don't know why they made it blue?

Since I have a mold for the front I figure I would make one for the rear also, which I am in the process of making right now. I will also be making a mold of the standard Ruf rear bumper with the 2 exhaust ports within the next month.

I have been working on this for the last 9 months so you can see that I am pretty slow. Once the mold is made of the rear, I will be able to free up the original parts and get them both painted and installed.

I have seen many requests for Ruf bumpers lately as they seem to be harder and harder to get. Anyhow, if you are looking to buy them in the future, let me know.

I will post pics of the car when I have the new bumpers painted and installed. To be continued.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:40 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Search Ruf Bumpers and you will come up with this post.His name is Scott Bradford.I tried to get you a link but it didn't work
Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

Sorry but I don't think the yellow one is stock front bumper.
Sfbanks on here has the aftermarket ruf bumpers on his car, you could contact him.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Great pics! Always nice to see Kevin's awesome Ruf
Mike,
How's Alvin's former ride treating you? Him and I both go to the same body shop and I would always drool over that car. Perfection...

Kevin
Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kmy
Mike,
How's Alvin's former ride treating you? Him and I both go to the same body shop and I would always drool over that car. Perfection...

Kevin
It's treating me very nice brother. The car is simply amazing!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:08 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Sorry but I don't think the yellow one is stock front bumper.
The yellow one sure looks like a TTS bumper to me, just like the silver one next to it. Whether it's OEM or not is another issue.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:30 AM
caronsd
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

As owner of the yellow car, I can say that the front bumper is OEM Turbo S, as is the rear wing. I did not install them, but rather the previous owner went to painstaking levels of detail to install the proper parts. I have the original front bumper and engine cover sitting in my storage shed, which were part of the deal when I purchased the car.

All I have to do is maintain. And enjoy.

I find it interesting that there are some folks who have asked me if the car is a true "S" model. Pretty obvious from the lack of rear fender inlets that it is not an "S" (unlike the silver car in the pics which is a true Turbo S (lucky guy!). I've also had a few folks appraoch the car as if it were an "S" and then get upset (at me) when they don't find the full carbon fiber covered dash. Oh well. I know it's not an "S", and I certainly don't try to pass it off as one.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Santana Row Pics