Sponsored by:

Value of 1997 993tt

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:35 PM
spad01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of 1997 993tt

Can anyone give me an idea of the value of a 97 993 tt blk/blk with 9818 miles. All new P2's and fresh top end with updated valves and guides. Fabspeed muffler and pipes. No damage history.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Owzer
Instructor

Chicago Motor Cars has a Blk/Blk 97 with 4813 miles for $105K.
They sold another Blk/Blk 97 with 18700 miles for $89K... Hope that helps.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
spad01
Instructor

Thanks very much. Very helpful
Old 04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

potential buyers will wonder about a <10K car that has had a top end done. effect on price? who knows?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:43 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

That was my first thought. Why 9000 mile and already the motor has been apart?
No way I am paying any where near 100K for a car that has had the motor apart already.
and it sounds like a Sloan car.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Owzer

To be clear, it looks like both cars were actually sold and the prices you cite were only the asking prices and not what they actually sold for.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:01 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
That was my first thought. Why 9000 mile and already the motor has been apart?
No way I am paying any where near 100K for a car that has had the motor apart already.
and it sounds like a Sloan car.

I have seen a 3k mile 993TT with its engine out for guides, believe it or not. Blew me away.

Paul, where were you at Long Beach GP -- I looked for you at the GMG booth, but no luck. The PML guy stopped by our trailer to introduce himself, however.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Owzer
The one at CMC with 4813 miles was hit hard in the back. The paint work was a dead giveaway. I heard it sold for somewhere in the $90's and it had lots of stories.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:37 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Chris Bad back Then Tom THe PML guy told me not to bother, then he told me he needed me bad
so I get ready to go then he calls me on Saturday morning right before I leave and tells me not to worry about it he didnt have a re-Salers license, so finally I decided not to go.
Sorry man lets hook up again. I told Tom we could do a story for PML on
Swift. He liked the idea.

Chris they didnt ask 100K for that TT that had guide valve problems did they?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

the next 182 miles will be expensive, as I would guess the value drops once over 10k.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Owzer
Instructor

Originally Posted by rome
To be clear, it looks like both cars were actually sold and the prices you cite were only the asking prices and not what they actually sold for.
Fair enough. I'm over here on the West Coast and those
are the best numbers that I could come up with.
No way for me to know what they sold for without being ITB.

Originally Posted by dbf73
potential buyers will wonder about a <10K car that has had a top end done. effect on price? who knows?
Was thinking that myself...

Originally Posted by jaholmes
The one at CMC with 4813 miles was hit hard in the back. The paint work was a dead giveaway. I heard it sold for somewhere in the $90's and it had lots of stories.
Yikes! Seems that there's a bunch of questionable cars on the market
right now. I've been looking for the past 1/2 year to no avail.
Closest I've got to was a guards red/black from Scottsdale Lotus
which had undisclosed damage to the rear back wheel well.
It was advertised as unpainted with no accident history...
Thanks to a couple of guys from this board for updating me
on the "missing" information. Ended up being that they won't
allow me to choose my shop for a detailed PPI, only places
that they are "associated" with...

Last edited by Owzer; 04-28-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
spad01
Instructor

the car I mentioned is my car and yes it is being listed with Sloan mainly because I don't have time to deal with the many time wasting questions and low ball offers made by the usual bargain hunters and tire kickers. I'm sure some of you guys have shared that experience when you listed your cars. All valves and guides were replaced because the previous (IDIOT) owner misshifted and bent a valve. This was not disclosed to me or the facility that sold me the car. A CEL ultimately disclosed the problem. Only one valve was slightly bent but since the engine had to come apart I replaced all the valves and the guides with upgraded valves and guides. There was NO other internal damage whatsoever and the car checks out perfect by Chris Musante in CT in writing. This is not a damaged, tainted car with hidden secrets. I informed Sloan that the prospective buyer can have the car PPI'd by the facility of his choice (within reasonable distance). Sloan has also been told that his asking price is not firm. There is some room for negotiation. Even at the asking price I would'nt recover what I have in the car, but that's not the buyer's problem. I will be 65 in August and have come to realize that a car of this type is better appreciated in the hands of younger guy who wants a beautiful example of an automotive legend which will become even more rare in light of the limited production numbers and very limited availability of excellent examples of the 993tt
Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Spad,

You're selling because you're 65... and that's too old to appreciate a hight performance car? You are but a boy! I'm older than you (just a bit), and there is no way I would give up my car.

Your explanation for the top end makes sense (though a darn shame). I suspect a few other low milegae TTs have had top ends done by unscrupulous or misinformed individuals (or dealers) based on an improperly done leak-down or compression test. These cars are really bulletproof (except for a mechanical over-rev, like yours had).

Geezers rule!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spad01
the car I mentioned is my car and yes it is being listed with Sloan mainly because I don't have time to deal with the many time wasting questions and low ball offers made by the usual bargain hunters and tire kickers. I'm sure some of you guys have shared that experience when you listed your cars. All valves and guides were replaced because the previous (IDIOT) owner misshifted and bent a valve. This was not disclosed to me or the facility that sold me the car. A CEL ultimately disclosed the problem. Only one valve was slightly bent but since the engine had to come apart I replaced all the valves and the guides with upgraded valves and guides. There was NO other internal damage whatsoever and the car checks out perfect by Chris Musante in CT in writing. This is not a damaged, tainted car with hidden secrets. I informed Sloan that the prospective buyer can have the car PPI'd by the facility of his choice (within reasonable distance). Sloan has also been told that his asking price is not firm. There is some room for negotiation. Even at the asking price I would'nt recover what I have in the car, but that's not the buyer's problem. I will be 65 in August and have come to realize that a car of this type is better appreciated in the hands of younger guy who wants a beautiful example of an automotive legend which will become even more rare in light of the limited production numbers and very limited availability of excellent examples of the 993tt
Is the picture of your car on Sloans website taken out front of Micheal Willhoits house? Did he offer to list the car? I've found him to be a pretty good guy. Good luck with sale.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
spad01
Instructor

I bought the car from Willhoit and yes that is Willhoit's house. Sloan just used the photo. He does plan to update the listing. Hopefully he'll have it sold by then. When I first let him list the car I really wasn't ready to sell it and didn't give him the car or updated pics. I just recently gave him the go ahead to sell it. I really should not have let him list it earlier since it wasn't fair to those who kept calling and wanting to make offers. Sloan, no fault on his part, had to keep putting off people who might have had a sincere desire to buy the car because I still had an emotional attachment to the car

Quick Reply: Value of 1997 993tt