Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Fitment - How does this look?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I went through a similar frustration when customizing my rim offsets. All the research says they "should" fit, but you never know until they're on the car. My rears worked fine but the 235 MPS2's fronts were huge compared to my 225 Pirellis. Luckily Costco (can you believe) swapped out an already fitted 235 for 225's at no cost and even refunded me the difference in tire price. Your rims/stance look great by the way.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 201 Posts

Mal,

They look great!!!

Simmons are NOTORIOUS for getting offsets wrong... On one of my older cars - they had to be remade TWICE!! and that was when they were made here in AU - it must be worse now that they are in China? I wold put the onus back on them....

If you have had the suspension set -then dont change it - but if you rub on stiff "road" bumps - on the track it will only be worse....

Rolling of the guards - if dont slowly and carfully and NOT too much - it will be fine... What you may find however is that your tyre will still scrape near where the rear bumper and the trailing edge of the body meet - you just CANT roll that area..... But a good body guy will make it work for you - just find the right one?

I hope they fit!

Let us know how you go,

SImon.

Last edited by Full Boost; 04-13-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Spelling - what else?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdavison@bigpond.net.au
So my option I guess, are to
a) raise the suspension say half inch
which will give just that little more room for travel as the wheel moves in its suspension arc,
b) increase the negative camber, or,
c) roll the wheel arch sheet metal.
- I doubt you would have to raise it THAT much. you would be amazed at what a difference 5mm can make.
- I hear that Nick @ Euro....whatever.. in the valley does wonders with a greased baseball bat
Old 04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
malcolmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.
I will take the car to my suspension shop in the morning and ask for an opinion. I like the look for the low ride height, but if this is going to create more problems say with MPSCs, which everyone (LT1 included) say are wider than other tyres of same "size", maybe reworking the suspension might be the best option.
Q: I'll stay away from "Nick" as it sounds like he might do more with that bat than beat cars!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL ...I was serious... I heard he is a master at gently reshaping the inner lip with the bat.

As for ride height, just remember, it isn't 1/2 an inch of suspenstion travel that is causing the rubbing. If it was, you would have had a tyre pushed through your guard by now.
My guess is it is only the last couple of mm that is touching.

The low ride height worked for me as well...

Old 04-11-2008, 02:16 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Simon - Those are really sweet but shipping and the A$ exchange rate will kill me!

Quick Reply: Wheel Fitment - How does this look?