Sponsored by:

Ohhhh Boy.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!!!! Man I can't wait to pick mine up

What did you end up getting it for? Hope it was south of $40k with all those issues. Last time I spoke with the seller he wouldn't go below $40k so that was the end of that for me

Work out for the best anyway, I have a deposit on a tt now and I'm hoping to take it home with me next weekend pending decent leakdown #'s
Old 01-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

Congratulations!
welcome to the Vader club
and as everybody here knows...black is the fastest colour......to get dirty as well as 0-150!
keep it clean and shiney side up
keep us posted on the maintenance.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yippeeeeeeeee! Good for you!
I remember my first drive in Frank. It likened it to driving an Aerosmith concert with no earplugs with the amps set to eleven while The Terminator tried to kill me.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Too cool! I'm glad you worked it out. Let's see it in anger.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by nota_troll
Too cool! I'm glad you worked it out. Let's see it in anger.
I can show you the car on stands with all sorts of stuff removed from the topside of the engine --- is that good enough?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:16 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
I can show you the car on stands with all sorts of stuff removed from the topside of the engine --- is that good enough?
sounds good. What does "not sure yet" mean?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by nota_troll
sounds good. What does "not sure yet" mean?
Just since I havent driven it more than a few miles.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't mind a pic of the car on jackstands with the guts out!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:05 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done Chris......welcome to an exclusive and very happy club!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:11 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks all for the very kind words!!

The issue preventing me from driving it home last Sunday was nothing other than a big 'ole chunk missing out of the alternator belt. I wouldnt have made it 20 miles out of town -- then I would have been walking.

Dont let me fool you, the car has issues. The now PO had the belts changed during the week at Scottsdale Porsche and he delivered the car to me today.

This is a 130K mile car -- it really needs a lot of attention on a bunch of small items (small in my opinion) such as window switches, VC is cooked, slave and accumulator is -possibly- bad (clutch circuit doesnt hold pressure while the engine is off and its burping hydraulic fluid out of the smalll reservoir in the trunk area), torn front left CV boot, flickering right litronic headlight, rear wiper missing a screw, same for center console, Bilstein HD's need rebuilding, chain boxes weeping, front S splitter needs repainting from rock chips, a few of the seat switches are a little flaky, ignition switch needs tightening, brake calipers need refinishing and rebuilding, needs plugs, door check strap broken loose plus general cleaning and tidying-up.

Since the engine is still a virgin, it'll get guides at a minimum. All of this was factored into the price and all I will say is that I was lucky enough to buy it very cheap.

Should one say 'cheap' and 'turbo' in the same sentence? Dont think so

The good points, as I know them at this time -- highly optioned, Andial maintained most of its life up through late 2005, has some sort of Andial hybrid turbos with allegedly some ceramic coating or polishing -- not sure really -- , PMS clutch and LWF, billet diverter valves, some ECU programing, Euro turbo S nose, 12 way seats with heat, factory installed (read: dirty) red seat belts plus the other cool options often times found on turbos, new rear tires, new battery, new alternator.

I have a huge stack of receipts to comb through to try to get an idea of this cars' past life.

Its a California car with the last two years beeing in Arizona. I have the contact info for the previous, PO. I may ping him out of curiosity.

My plans for the car -- 2WD asap, new suspension bushings up front, EVO uprights which I already have, thankfully plus a thorough going over etc. Probably, for now, get the HD's revalved and rebuilt and lighten-up the color of the wheels -- perhaps a dark grey much like the GT2 wheels.

...and the list of long term stuff to do keeps coming to mind -- For one; TT-S rear quarter panel air inlets - that would be cool.

I want to thank Kevin at UWM, Steve Weiner at Rennsport Systems and MarkD for their advice and listening to the saga of this purchase!!
Chris! Holy $hit!!! Congrats!! I gotta swing by and check that beast out! First Robin with his red F360 and now you with this Turbo. Black and sinister looking...I love it. I have surgery this week (torn meniscus) but once that's all buttoned up...I've gotta swing by...plus I need those control arms (bushings).
Old 01-27-2008, 04:21 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

excellent Chris - looks like a great car. Hard to beat that sinister black look. Congratulations
Old 01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo Tips

Essentially the same as AWE
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks all for the very kind words!!

The issue preventing me from driving it home last Sunday was nothing other than a big 'ole chunk missing out of the alternator belt. I wouldnt have made it 20 miles out of town -- then I would have been walking.

Dont let me fool you, the car has issues. The now PO had the belts changed during the week at Scottsdale Porsche and he delivered the car to me today.

This is a 130K mile car -- it really needs a lot of attention on a bunch of small items (small in my opinion) such as window switches, VC is cooked, slave and accumulator is -possibly- bad (clutch circuit doesnt hold pressure while the engine is off and its burping hydraulic fluid out of the smalll reservoir in the trunk area), torn front left CV boot, flickering right litronic headlight, rear wiper missing a screw, same for center console, Bilstein HD's need rebuilding, chain boxes weeping, front S splitter needs repainting from rock chips, a few of the seat switches are a little flaky, ignition switch needs tightening, brake calipers need refinishing and rebuilding, needs plugs, door check strap broken loose plus general cleaning and tidying-up.

Since the engine is still a virgin, it'll get guides at a minimum. All of this was factored into the price and all I will say is that I was lucky enough to buy it very cheap.

Should one say 'cheap' and 'turbo' in the same sentence? Dont think so

The good points, as I know them at this time -- highly optioned, Andial maintained most of its life up through late 2005, has some sort of Andial hybrid turbos with allegedly some ceramic coating or polishing -- not sure really -- , PMS clutch and LWF, billet diverter valves, some ECU programing, Euro turbo S nose, 12 way seats with heat, factory installed (read: dirty) red seat belts plus the other cool options often times found on turbos, new rear tires, new battery, new alternator.

I have a huge stack of receipts to comb through to try to get an idea of this cars' past life.

Its a California car with the last two years beeing in Arizona. I have the contact info for the previous, PO. I may ping him out of curiosity.

My plans for the car -- 2WD asap, new suspension bushings up front, EVO uprights which I already have, thankfully plus a thorough going over etc. Probably, for now, get the HD's revalved and rebuilt and lighten-up the color of the wheels -- perhaps a dark grey much like the GT2 wheels.

...and the list of long term stuff to do keeps coming to mind -- For one; TT-S rear quarter panel air inlets - that would be cool.

I want to thank Kevin at UWM, Steve Weiner at Rennsport Systems and MarkD for their advice and listening to the saga of this purchase!!

Congrats, You dirty Rat!! Stupid ethics...lol
Keep me posted! Enjoy!!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:13 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Glen
Congrats, You dirty Rat!! Stupid ethics...lol
Keep me posted! Enjoy!!
LOL Glen! I will keep you up to date. Thanks once again!

Quick Reply: Ohhhh Boy.....