Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
4flynlow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Ultimate stock wheel street Tires

Gentlemen;
After several hours of searching I am still perplexed at the best tire brand and sizes for aggressive street driving on stock wheels. The car is set up with PSS9 and RS bars .I do not track the car and am most interested in finding the best overall tire setup for the street. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I bought the car with Pirelli P-Zeros and recently changed to Michelin PS-2's. I like them so far but can not comment on durability. I have about 2,000 Mi on them and they still have more than 50% tread.

I have the stock turbo twists and went one size wider using 235's on front and 295 rears.

I drive mostly mountain passes in the Sierras and they stick well when aggressively carving the corners.

The sizes do not interfere with the fenders and I have not experienced any rubbing.

P-2's are my reccommendation
Old 01-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

It is a matter of personal choice. Also potholes and tempurature come into play. I use the continental sport pilots and they are quiet, and work well in cold. I have 19s 235 and 295.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:33 AM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4flynlow
Gentlemen;
After several hours of searching I am still perplexed at the best tire brand and sizes for aggressive street driving on stock wheels. The car is set up with PSS9 and RS bars .I do not track the car and am most interested in finding the best overall tire setup for the street. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I have 18" Michelin PS2 (225 front, 295 rears) mounted on Kinesis K18R wheels. My car is also outfitted with PSS9 coil-overs adjusted to RoW spec ride height and a Rennsport strut tower brace (OE sways front and rear). With a mild track alignment the car handles exceptionally on the street (I do not track this car). Vastly superior to the stock setup. That being said those tire sizes will fit the OE wheels without issue (the 225/18 is the stock size, 285/18 is the stock rear size).

Quick Reply: Ultimate stock wheel street Tires