Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993tt vs 997tt impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:11 AM
MOD500
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A great thread .... and very pertinent for me at the moment!

Love the old school charm of the Banana, but cannot help but be lured by the new technology like the VTG turbos and trick 4WD ..... the very thought of it all is reminiscent of sliding down the rope in the school gym as a lad.

Very helpful to read the views of people who have both new and old steeds

I really like doing the speed days, and the 993 doesn’t like the very high speed stuff from an aero point of view, think the newer car would be much more stable at uber speed. Speaking to RS, the tuning potential of the 997 is frankly bonkers ...... ecu / exhaust / air filter gives 540 hp / 800 NM, add larger VTG blowers, intake pipes, plus revised map and get ready for 598 hp and 811 NM. Knowing what 530 hp / 729 NM feels like in mine, the prospect of near 600 hp is mind blowing.

On the flick side, will the newer car feel too sterile and removed after the lively helm of the 993, and as TB alludes too, will you have to be going at warp factor 10 on the road for it to be exciting?

Also, the 997 will quickly be revised, think a DSG option and power upgrade is due next year? The new motor will depreciate, where as the 993 will probably lose very little value over the next few years.

To complicate matters further, have had the privilege of rides in TB’s C GT of late, and have begun to understand the lure of the high revving engine .... meaning the thought of a GT3 temps me often. But, would I miss the torque? Plus the car has little tuning potential.

Erm, I am now even more confused

A joyous Christmas and peaceful New Year to all RL’s

Warm Regards

Martyn.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:29 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

The 997TT is superbly stable at high speed. It seems as if PAG intended the car to be driven at 200+kph only. It does need additional camber dialed into the front from the stock settings though
Old 12-24-2007, 03:06 PM
shawsan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose to buy my 993tt over a 997tt for several of the reasons you describe. Since doing so, I've felt absolutely no pull to get a 997tt, though I respect the performance of the car immensely. On returning from a one month trip abroad, I suprised myself by reaching for the keys for my 993tt rather than my Ferrari Challenge Stradale. The 993tt is just a delight and fits like a glove!

Quick Reply: 993tt vs 997tt impressions