Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Bypass Pipe Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't actually lose ALL heat. I have these pipes along with no blower box (if that matters) and I can still get *some* heat out from the dash using the fans from the hvac unit. I find its enough to keep you from freezing and to defrost the car

Being that this is a seseaonal car for me I only drive it when its good weather anyhow so its never been an issue.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
You don't actually lose ALL heat. I have these pipes along with no blower box (if that matters) and I can still get *some* heat out from the dash using the fans from the hvac unit. I find its enough to keep you from freezing and to defrost the car

Being that this is a seseaonal car for me I only drive it when its good weather anyhow so its never been an issue.
Maybe I was the unlucky one -- I had virtually no heat, check that, the seats provided all of the heat I had.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Silly question to be asking you but were you sure you had all the heating tubes hooked up? Without the blower box I had all the heating tubes hooked up and we get some heat out of it. Nothing that's going to keep you all toasty warm but enough to defrost the car in rain. Granted I've never used it in anything temp lower that 40-50 deg. Anything colder and you would be in trouble
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
TurboLaal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so do you leave all the shielding around the headers hooked up? Can anyone show me a picture installed from under the car? Maybe I'm making this harder than it should be? Thanks!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:05 AM
JMA-RUF
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else interested in a new group buy for these AWE pipes?

I'd like to buy a set, however, I think $599 is a bit steep for what they are! Ouch!

Quick Reply: AWE Bypass Pipe Group Buy