Sponsored by:

'96 Speed Yellow Non-Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:04 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default '96 Speed Yellow Non-Sunroof

OK, this goes into the waaaaaaay back machine from the fall of 1995, but I was talking to a friend over the weekend about oddball 911's we've seen over the years.

So.............

I'm at a gas station in Baker, CA w/ girlfriend on the way to Vegas, when what pulls up but this Speed Yellow turbo, no sunroof and what the owner says is a factory cage. Yes, full cage. An older guy, in his '60's at least from what I can remember. Car delivered into San Diego, and this was within weeks/months of the cars landing here.

Ring a bell to anyone????
Old 08-13-2007, 11:24 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts

I don't recall if the car had a cage or not, but there was a sunroof-delete SY TT floating around the board here somewhere. I think that there may have been a picture or two as well. Try a search under "sunroof delete" and see what that brings up.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks. Went back and searched "sunroof delete" to find that one reference, plus lots of other stuff. Well, I saw one with my own eyes when it had a few hundred miles on the odo! Wish we had camera phones at the ready back then!

Was a really enthusiastic older guy; I guessed him to be a pretty long time Porsche owner (though even 10 years ago I already had 15 years worth of 911's).

Maybe someone who has it will search at some point for a history of the car, and I can add a little something.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Thanks. Went back and searched "sunroof delete" to find that one reference, plus lots of other stuff. Well, I saw one with my own eyes when it had a few hundred miles on the odo! Wish we had camera phones at the ready back then!

Was a really enthusiastic older guy; I guessed him to be a pretty long time Porsche owner (though even 10 years ago I already had 15 years worth of 911's).

Maybe someone who has it will search at some point for a history of the car, and I can add a little something.
I bought a used 993TT speed yellow sunroof delete in 98 from a guy in NY. Was a great car! Have been trying to buy a sunroof delete since.

Finally gave up and had my sunroof deleted....lots of work but well worth it

Last edited by porschemeister; 08-21-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added sunroof delete

Quick Reply: '96 Speed Yellow Non-Sunroof