Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:54 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Luckily it wasn't a color I was too crazy about (burgundy-ish) so I quickly came to my senses.
Get it right. It's called Arena Red. J/K since I own a (burgundy-ish) 993TT.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by iborroel
When the salesman said burgandy-ish, I immediately thought 'arena red'. Than on the drive home yesterday, I saw a beautiful red 993 and I thought, 'arena red, er, no, hmm'. So as I typed the last message I quoted the nice salesman : )
Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I like arena red by the way, it's just I have always envisioned owning a silver or black 993tt. Arena red must be a hot color as the same dealer just relisted the exact same car on craigslist for $5k more!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do know that Arena Red is the fastest color?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

You do know that Arena Red is the fastest color?
I have heard that!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh Oh. Someone better tell Jim Brady. He'll have to get Blackie painted!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
993 4S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car is at AM of New England which is literally 1 block from my school. I'm not sure where they keep these cars they have for sale, because they always have a huge inventory and all I ever see are AM's and maybe 1 or 2 Lotuses. Their facility is small so I wouldn't be surprised if many cars are on consignment and not even at their lot. I know late August is a ways away but if the car is still available and you're still interested, I would be happy to check it out for you. Let me preceed that statement by saying that I have been in the showroom once when my father was considering a 993tt and/or an AM (and this place is literally a 10 second drive from campus) and the people were complete d*ckheads, even when I was trying to request AM literature and make an appointment for my father. I assume they're a pretty reputable dealer as an AM/Lotus/Spyker dealer, who always has Porsches in their inventory, but they act snobishly towards potential customers and I'm not at all surprised they want a $5000 deposit just to check the car. Again, I'm sure it doesn't bear much value, but they are ALWAYS moving P-cars in and out of there and I'm sure if they sold a lot of sub-par Porsches, they would have a reputation as a sh*tty dealer. I know for a fact they had that Signal Green 965 that went to (I think) RPM and was then sold.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:32 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

993 4S,

Completely agree that the AM dealer sales people I have interacted with are not very understanding, and insist on their way or the highway. Not only that, they kept insinuating that I would pay up the $5000 and sign a purchase agreement just for PPI if I were "a serious buyer." I suppose they define serious as "stupid and desperate."

It's a shame a potentially good Porsche 993TT with the colors and features I like has to fall under the control of such fine specimen of dealership. I feel sorry for the car....

The car is under consignment, and I suspect many of their cars are. They must charge a good monthly fee for displaying and advertising, because with that practice they'd only move a lot of cars if there are lots of unscrupulous or unenlightened pre-owned car buyers.

The way you described many cars moving through their dealership:I think the cars are going unsold, and back to the owners. Or Waltham/Boston is full of incompetent buyers who don't know anything called a "Pre-Purchase Inspection" by an independent mechanic.

I asked them to check with the Porsche owner if that owner would allow the car to be released for PPI, since he might miss out on a sale to a serious buyer, and Steve Serio flat out said "this is our policy and I don't think I need to check with the owner." So much for knowing what it takes to sell a car.

If I were a consignment seller, I would want to know about such requests from buyers and decide for myself to let someone PPI the car or not, policy schmolicy....

By the way, I took the liberty of forwarding this thread to Steve Serio, to let him read for himself what the rest of the world have been saying of his dealership's practice.

Thanks for your offer to check out the car. I will at this point wait for them to call back in a few months perhaps. I might call them every few weeks just to remind them the car is still on their lot.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

Jimhsu: forget about this car. it obviously has something wrong with it. the dealer has a bad reputation and doesn't know how to treat people. forget about it. don't put money in his pocket. there are many others and if you wait one month there will be many available as happened last sept.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:08 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbodan
there are many others and if you wait one month there will be many available as happened last sept.
What happened last Sept? is there something about the month of September in general? kids' college tuitions due at the start of semester? Summer is gone and trying to sell before winter comes?

I agree completely about this car being out of the question.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:48 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,713 Likes on 2,344 Posts

the seller if full of ****.
"if you are interested in the car... put a deposit"
i am always interested to buy, but very very few cars impress me.
tell him "if he's interested in selling, pay you for a test drive".
i test drive a lot, not joy rides, i never have intention of buying any cars. but i am also ready to buy whatebver i drive if i am impressed. but there aren 't many cars that really impress me.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this 993TT