Sponsored by:

60K service ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:14 PM
aperalta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60K service ??

The odometer is approaching 60K. How much did your 60k service set you back and what is done other than oil change? This should help me start setting $$ aside. I have a feeling this will set me back some coin. Thanks--Aaron
Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

As I recall, you also change the fuel, air, and pollen filters. Does the transaxle fluid and front diff fluid get changed as well? You will need plugs for sure, wires, cap, and rotor maybe. Brakes should be carefully inspected, and that may cost pads and rotors, depending upon what is found. I think that parts and labor runs about $1500, without the brakes. But its been a very long time.

<edit> oh yeah... a brake fluid flush
Old 06-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Steve, is right, $1500 is a good start. We do all that he mentioned (BOTH oil filters every 30k remember), gear oil, check compression while the plugs are out (and of course leakdown if any cyls are low), and basically go over the car w/a fine tooted comb; scan for fault codes (they can be stored w/out turning a light on), suspension/tire wear/pressure, check battery/charging system, all lights and switches, A/C and heating system, wipers, washer, aim headlights, etc etc etc. Don't price-shop when you're looking to get the 60k done, find a good shop w/a good reputation that knows these cars well and will take care of you.

---Chris A.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Aaron,

Good advice on a shop with a good rep. Make sure you find one were they "want" to change plug number six. Most dealers are too lazy to do it.
Rick

Quick Reply: 60K service ??