Sponsored by:

Fabspeed cat delete pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed cat delete pipes

Hi All.. I have a 993 TT with the stock cats and the Fabspeed mufflers..Has anyone used the fabspeed cat delete pipes ????And do they set off the C.E.L light. I'm looking for a little more rumble. I dont like the muffler delete pipes..
Old 05-28-2007, 02:20 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I have FVD cat bypasses. Sounds wonderful. No CEL, but they are plumbed for the sensors.
(Expensive too.)
Old 05-28-2007, 02:37 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Barney,

Scott also has the FVD program in the ECU... which may explain the lack of the CEL. I don't know the NY smog laws, but a cat bypass in California is a major no-no. Plus, it won't pass smog, so unless you have a friendly smog guy, you have to swap the cats back on for every smog test.

A simple and mostly legal way to acheive some of the same benefits of the cat bypass is with a muffler bypass instead. Some like it, some hate it. I love mine.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dunno if you searched but there's some previous discussions that may provide useful info.
I run fabspeed cat bypasses and mufflers. They work great.
K24madness raved about performance gains using cat bypasses over the muffler bypasses.
My understanding is that most but not all people will trigger the CEL using cat bypasses.
Supposedly just unplugging the ECU w/ each CEL will eventually make it so it doesn't throw a CEL anymore. Another option is to have the O2 sensors not installed and reading ambient air. That would definitely stop any CEL's.
If you want rumble you may need different mufflers. PM if you want my old B&B mufflers. Those with cat bypasses sounded sweet. With the fabspeed mufflers it sounds close to stock actually.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for all of your info..The Fabspeed pipes are plumbed also for the 02 sensors..I have a friendly inspection shop in the area..
All of the other turbo cars I have had and removed the cats it has made tremendos gains....
Plus less heat....which we all love with an air cooled car.....

Quick Reply: Fabspeed cat delete pipes