Front control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup , thats it .

Geoff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200 , the oldest 964 on Rennlist , unless you know differently !
Old 05-26-2007, 04:11 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

With respect to the rear lower a-arms, the US and the RS spec arms are exactly the same price.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, thanks so much for this education. I mean it.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:56 AM
thomas.rousseau
Intermediate

In Sweden the RS control arm is more expensive than the normal turbo one.
5000SEK compared to 3500:-.
The question is....is it worth the extra money for a car mainly for the road?
However better handling is of course interesting!

/Thomas
Old 02-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Janina993
Advanced

Very interesting thread.

I have a 600hp and 800Nm of torgue in my 993tt. I use it at street and trackdays. When accelerating on 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear the car is wriggling a bit. I understand most part of wriggling is from extra hp but I'm 90% sure wheel alligments are changing because of soft busings too and causing even more wriggling.
I already cange ball joints from steering rack.

I know one solution could be RS front lower A-control arm + RS rear lower A-control arm + RS rear upper front-control arm. It cost a lot and guestion is, dose it stiffen enough?

Other solution could be changing all bushins to aftermarket polyurethane ones from front and rear. Guestion is, where I could find bushings for rear control arms?

I apology spelling mistakes...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Janina, for straight line stability under acceleration, and before changing any control arms, change your rear subframe mounts to the Motorsports ones or similar aftermarket parts such as ERP's rear carriage tilt kit, this will make all the difference.

All the rest helps as well and is recommended if you track, but will not solve your instability in straight line acceleration but rather your cornering. A good alignment and healthy bushings are obviously a must as well. Some suppliers are Steve Weiner (ERP stuff), Gert Carnewal, FVD or Porsche Motorsports directly.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Janina993
Advanced

Thank you for your info Jean. I havn't tought rear subframe mounts at all.

I think I go for Motorsports suspension kit, it contains:
-front and rear shock absorber supporting mounts
-engine mounting
-reinforcement (weld to body)
-front wheel carrier and bearings
-front tie rod and lower wishbone
-transverse strut (already have)
-rear upper front-wishbone
-rear lower wishbone
-stabilisers and mountings to front and rear
-shock absorber and springs to rear and front (already have KW 3 with Manthey set-up)
-side section 993 331 051 80 (I think this part includes stiffer mounts?)

Do you know Jean is Motorsports subframe mounts made from rubber too?
Gert told me hes mounts are made from solid aluminium (Ruf uses those one)

If the Motorsports mount are made from rubber, should I change it at first place to solid auminium ones?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Janina

I have the GT2 Porsche Motorsports ones on my car, but here is what you need. (they are similar)
http://shop.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/9...993-Turbo.html

They are aluminum, yes. These change the geometry of the rear suspension and take care of the squatting that happens under acceleration in high powered 993s or race cars.

They do not make the ride uncomfortable really, they do create some more cabin noise, but nothing annoying.

I would change these first, before anything else, to take care of the instability during acceleration.

Or here:
http://www.erpparts.com/suspension/9...ageTiltKit.jpg

Make sure you get the full tilt kit if you go with ERP. Steve W. can supply those from Cary Einsenlohr if you are not in a hurry. I got all the suspension arms front and rear and upgrades from ERP, good stuff, some patience is required.

I like to let people know different options, so another way to upgrade control arms is to go with the FVD monoball cartridge sets that replace the stock bushings.

or..OEM 993RS parts from Gert, front control arms, engine mounts, swaybars etc.. I had those on my car and they are fantastic and a great balance for street/track.

I never bought the bump steer kit, and never needed it. My car is low now (see avatar) but our tracks are very smooth, so maybe that's why I don't need them badly. Nice to have for sure, but I try hard be practical and go for functionality when I buy parts (my wife agrees)
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
sfl993t4
Instructor

Hello Jean

Do you have the part numbers for the Porsche Motorsports tilt kit? Is there just the one option from Porsche Motorsports?

In the aftermarket, it seems that RUF, FVD, Carnewal and ERP all do kits, which all look slightly different. None of them appear to publish measurements to see if they are all the same. The FVD kit says that the subframe needs to be drilled and counterbored, does anyone know if this is the same for al of the kits?

On a similar note do you also have part numbers for the gt2 arb and drop links? Are these also available from Porsche Motorsports?

best regards
Steve
Old 02-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Steve, PM sent for the parts.

The GT2 drop links were the same as stock. I am not sure about the EVO2 version.

Re. FVD I guess they must be talking about how to remove the rubber bushings, rather than for the installation itself.

Quick Reply: Front control arm bushings