Sponsored by:

Need Tyre Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Abman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Tyre Help

I need to replace both front and rear sets on my TT.

At present am running P zero's... front 225s and rear 295s R18s

My research is unconvincing as to what specific tyre would be best suited for me.

Highway driving and not track, but need good traction, low noise, good handling, comfort, and one that does not aquaplane at the drop of a hat.

I see that most reviews rate the Bridgestone REO50 and Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 as the highest rating in just about every article I have read.

What I would appreciate is driver experience from you guys and your thoughts.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Ruf-Racer
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Default Pirelli P Zero

I have run P Zero tires on two 993TT machines starting with my '96 Arena Red (12/05) & Ruf Turbo R (2/'00).I have never had an issue with Pirelli even at speeds well above 200 mph. Safe,quiet,comfortable with good performance.
I like the P Zero Corsa for casual track use.

Cheers

R
Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Hi Rob,
I run the Continental Contisport tyre and I import them from Lithuania for my own consumption as they are really hard to get in Aust and if you can get them, count on them being around $600 ea for the front and $800 each for the rears. hese tyres are listed as OEM for the turbo and I have done a track day with them as well and they performed in excess of my skill level. I really like them. They are great in both wet and dry and I have never ever had a break-away even under full acceleration. They did get quite hot and a little squirmy after a few hard laps on the track, but they are still very good. I import them for about 1/2 the retail price and always have a spare set or two laying around. Some of the Porsche Club guys have got some from me,but they are always in my warehouse. I keep 245/35-18 fronts and 285/30-18 rears and both are "y" speed rated. If you want to drive my car with them fitted or come have a look......email me or send me a PM or contact Simon....he knows how to find me. I am away in WA at the moment but will be back in Sydney by the end of next week.
Rgds
Old 05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

Rob,
I bought the R050 Pole Position in the same size that you want. Very satisifed customer so far.
Cheers

Pierre
Old 05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Abman
Intermediate

Hey Grant, thanks, that's a very generous offer and appreciated,I will get in touch if need be in the near future.

Pierre, just wondering how you found the REO50 tyre in the wet....ie. if you ran your car when it rained.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 195 Posts

Rob,

Since when does it rain in Sydney? What did I miss? Did I blink?

I would have to agree with Grant. On my 19's I have Contis as well - they are quiet (as opposed to Jap tyres which are ususally noisy - for a street tyre anyway), grip well and have LARGE channels for water dispersion - not that i drive in the rain - what rain?

Cant comment on wear characteristics as I dont do many k's but all in all I am happy with them!

Grant - you in for the track Day on wed?

Simon.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:28 AM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

Rob,
I try to avoid driving it on rainy days so I'm not a very good reference... As for noise, I cant compare with my previous tires. They were R compound tires... very noisy...
Pierre
Old 05-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Abman
Intermediate

Thanks Simon and Pierre.

Not sure that I have 100% solved the problem but it's given me plenty to think about.

Quick Reply: Need Tyre Help