Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any opinions on the 993TT at Truspeed in Costa Mesa?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any opinions on the 993TT at Truspeed in Costa Mesa?

First, I have to say that I'm really impressed with what a great community Renn List has. A lot of other car sites have users with more opinions that knowledge. Everyone here seems to really know what they're talking about, and are also willing to help.

In that spirit, I'm wondering if anyone has seen, or could take a look at, the Polar Silver 1996 993TT at TruSpeed MotorCars in Costa Mesa.

I'm across the country. From the smallish pictures on the website, the car looks nice, although it seems to have a lot of wheel rash for a 22,000 mile car.

Here's the link:
http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/inv..._stock_no=1192

I'd appreciate any other comments. Thanks!

--Matt
Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All it takes is one careless technician at the tire shop to destroy a set of wheels! (Ask me how I know!)

For about $200 a wheel, my understanding is that Wheel Enhancement will make your wheels as good as new! So, demand the $800 necessary to fix the wheels and don't worry about them. It's really the rest of the car that matters, isn't it?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:16 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks pretty good, be sure you do a ppi and get them to do the 30k service(pricey). What are they askin?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:39 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

TruSpeed has a good reputation here in SoCal, although I haven't actually purchased a car from them. They were very helpful back in 2002 when I was looking for my first turbo.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Smiles
Pro

Originally Posted by Michael S.
All it takes is one careless technician at the tire shop to destroy a set of wheels! (Ask me how I know!)

For about $200 a wheel, my understanding is that Wheel Enhancement will make your wheels as good as new! So, demand the $800 necessary to fix the wheels and don't worry about them. It's really the rest of the car that matters, isn't it?
I'm worried about how many other careless technicians got their hands on it!

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Looks pretty good, be sure you do a ppi and get them to do the 30k service(pricey). What are they askin?
$77,900.

Last edited by Smiles; 04-03-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: To add the EEK Smiley after the price.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 AM
sparetireless
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts
Default I saw the car up close

It looks nice on first look, even second look, however, it has had the drivers side wheels have been resprayed according to the sales guy I talked to, slightly wrong shade of silver with lots of orange peel down the holes. Also looks like rear bumper has been R&R'd with probable paint work. Just an opinion, I am no expert but to me it seems worthy of a deeper look for a car with this low of mileage,

brake calipers had lots of whitish powder on the red surfaces that easily wiped away as if the car had been recently in a body shop or sitting around some place very dusty with light colored "dust" floating around.

Car still looks nice but based on my experience, it will be a bitch to resell with all the "experts" running around, who would have curbed the driver side wheels unless they were...............? I am looking for a clean one myself if someone knows of one sub 30,000 miles.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 AM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts
Smile

I recently purchased my 97 993tt from Truespeed and found them to be a good to work with.

I highly recommend a PPI regardless. I had them take the car to Hergesheimers nearby and have a full PPI done prior to shipping. Hergesheimers is very well regarded and has a good relationship with Truespeed as they do many PPI's for them. Hergesheimers got Truespeed to kick in 2K in repairs including 2 new rims that were slightly bent and a new hall sensor that was giving fault codes. I would never have picked up on it.

Do not buy the car without a clean ppi. (I speak from experience)

I think I may have seen that one or another silver tt with about 16K miles on it and all their cars were very clean.

Good luck with your search.

Even made the cover of the 2007 993tt calendar
(Sorry, could not resist)
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2007, 09:28 PM
aperalta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smiles,

You have PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Smiles
Pro

Thanks, Aaron.

Quick Reply: Any opinions on the 993TT at Truspeed in Costa Mesa?