Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment in SW Fla. Ft Mers area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM
baja272
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment in SW Fla. Ft Mers area?

I just destroyed a brand new set of Michlens (rear). The inside edges on both tires are down to the threads after less than 5000 miles. Can anyone recommend a place to have an alignment/corner balance done?

Oh yeah... The way I found out the tires were destroyed was when the car was being loaded on a flatbed tow truck after we (my wife and I ) went for a ride through the backroads of Florida this Sunday. I thought I was ready for most things, you know, "spare relay". We were in the middle of no were and I turned the alarm on. Long story short, The remote control now has a $137.00 battery in it. $2.00 for the battery and $135.00 for the tow bill.

Another valuable lesson learned !
Old 03-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I've used the Golden Wrench down in Naples. I'm sure theres a place in Fort Myers, no first hand experience though. Check with some of the indy Porsche shops like Tills.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 AM
baja272
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, is the Tills shop on boy scout drive in Ft.Myers? I dont mind driving down to the Naples area if the shop is recommended over others.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Tills is/was located behind the NAPA near Galloway Ford. They farmed the alignment work out to another shop after doing some suspension work on my old 99 C2. You might also ask at AutoQuest or some of the other Porsche indy shops.

The Golden Wrench was recomended to me by an indy shop in Naples and is also listed by Tire Rack as a recomended installer.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Alignment in SW Fla. Ft Mers area?