Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 tt close ratio transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on a guard LSD and stronger gears. Right now at the Glen I run out of 3rd gear and 2nd seems too short. Does that seem right Geoffrey ? I seem to find myself either too high in 2nd or too low in third ?? I get into 5th exiting the esses. Never uses 6th and probably never will.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Hans Frisak
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Jean
Great feedback Hans, thanks.

I have two questions,

1- Where you able to find out where is it that you are gaining time on the track?
2- How many gear changes into 4th and 5th do you have on this track? Sorry if you posted it before.

Hi Jean,
no I don't know where I gain time, but the 4th gear is ideal in a long s-combination. I feel that the improvement may be due to improved dynamics (less lag) when gearing up. (It's a great feeling by the way)

2 On this particular track I change to 4th gear 4 times and to 5th twice. Top speed of this track is about 200 (km/h). Track is 2,2 km long and average speed about 130 km/h.

The car is not a racecar, it is far too heavy. I have decided to leave the air-con, the stereo, the electric sunroof in. The doors alone weighs 40 kg each, so if I wanted to go really fast I know what to do. Having said that, I am very happy to be only 0,1 seconmds slower than the Audi S2 with 800 hp weighing only 1070 kg.

I am amazed of the Porsche's overall performance weighing 1450 kg. The best part is that it can be driven to and from the track!

Quick Reply: 993 tt close ratio transmission