Sponsored by:

Free By Pass Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 05:22 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Free By Pass Pipes

But not really. Here is the deal. Gretchen came with some luggage (don’t we all) and part of that was a set of really crummy B&B bypass pipes. I know a bunch of you have purchased BPPs from FabSpeed only to find out they were too loud (BTW, FVD sells the same tip for like a hundred bucks less). Well, the cycle stops NOW!

What I would like to do is have a “community” set of tips. Here is how it will work. The first person to respond to this post will get the BPPs. He will then send me a PM with his address and phone number. I will send him the BBPs and PAY FOR SHIPPING (that is important). This person will then get to try out the BPPs and decide if he likes them or not. He will post his findings ON THIS THREAD and then offer them up to the next person that responds to the thread. That person will then PM his particulars to the current holder of the BPPs and the current holder WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING to the next guy. I would like to keep this in the U.S. only because of time and cost constraints.

It is important to keep everything in this thread so people can be looking out for it. It will also make it very obvious to all of us if someone keeps the pipes (that would be a real sign of desperation) and we would all know that you were a loser. Furthermore, we could keep a running log of comments and findings. I’ll go first.

Initially, I thought the BPPs were too loud. I then installed a set of mufflers and really missed the sound the BPPs made. They do drone a bit right at 75 MPH, but so did the mufflers (not as loud) and at 70 or 80, you can’t hear a thing. I really like how they sound driving around in traffic. It does make listening to the radio a bit of a challenge, but I find the noise from the back better than most of the crap that passes for music these days anyway. I just got a set of really expensive BBPs from GHL. They were UNBELIVABLY quick with the order and the shipping. The pipes seem well made and a feature I really like is the way they curve up at the CAT joint so the tip exits straight out of the back, as opposed to pointing up, with the desired bumper clearance. These BBPs also let me change the tips. Something the others don’t (I personally don’t like the FS tips).

Let the games begin!

Tom
Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

what type of cats are you running? with stock you wont be toooo loud but with 100 cell get ready for the bravado!!

Quick Reply: Free By Pass Pipes