Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheels for turbo how do I tell if hollow or not

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002 | 08:02 PM
Dave Golder
Track Day

Post wheels for turbo how do I tell if hollow or not

I have an extras set of wheels I am getting ready to sell. I need to know if they are the hollow spokes or solid.

part # on one wheel is 993 362 140 03

it has metal valve stems and on the back of the spokes they have two long ridges down each spoke that have the part # in them. I purchased them from a guy who had them on a C4S. Not sure if they were the factory wheels for that car or not.
Old 09-17-2002 | 08:53 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by Dave Golder:
<strong>I have an extras set of wheels I am getting ready to sell. I need to know if they are the hollow spokes or solid. part # on one wheel is 993 362 140 03</strong><hr></blockquote>

That is a 10" x 18" ET40 solid spoke Turbo Look wheel. This wheel was installed on the Carrera 4S.

[quote]<strong>it has metal valve stems and on the back of the spokes they have two long ridges down each spoke that have the part # in them. I purchased them from a guy who had them on a C4S. Not sure if they were the factory wheels for that car or not.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The hollow spoke wheels have metal valve stems BUT have smooth spoke backs. The ribbed spokes are those of the solid Turbo Look wheels.
Old 09-18-2002 | 01:24 PM
Dave Golder
Track Day

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: wheels for turbo how do I tell if hollow or not