Sponsored by:

90k mile TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 08:57 PM
TwinsPop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 90k mile TT

Hi, I just joined the list and this is my first post. It looks to be a great resource, so i ponied up for the fee. Thanks to the folks at Rennlist.

Anyway, I've been looking for a 97-98 C2/4 S for about 2 months now. Just never spotted The One. Well now my world's been turned upside down cuz I've found a '96 TT that's very attractively priced. All papers, one owner, (apparently) great condition. However, it's been chipped, new exhaust, filters, and it has 90k miles. I haven't yet had a PPI done nor seen it in person (far away). 90k service was just done, however. Obviously a PPI will be done, but...

Is 90k too high? Chance of a rebuild coming up soon (cost range?)? In the 993 forum, it seems high mileage (~100k) cars aren't a problem. I guess I'm fearful that the turbo introduces enough extra strain that 90k on a tt is equivalent to 150+k on a non-tt. Opinions?

Asking price is low $60's, maybe with some dickering room.

Thanks for the input!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:43 PM
Ruf-Racer
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the board! There are a bunch of 993TT cars out there right now!My advice would be chill a bit and enjoy the hunt.I have to think you may find a lower mileage car closer to home in the same price range! Good luck!

R
Old 08-28-2002, 04:10 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
There was a recent thread on the 993 board about a black TT with 65K which sold in Denver for about $55K. Apparently it had no serious issues other than a highly motivated seller. Based on that sale, I'd say your car is seriously overpriced.

Greg
Old 08-29-2002, 12:35 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the car has all its papers/records and has been well cared for, 90K may not be that bad. However, I agree with the others that it's a serious buyer's market right now and you can afford to be choosy.

Personally, I'd look for a bit fewer miles (maybe 30-50K), which will probably not cost you all that much more. In general, '96 models tend to command about $8-10K less than '97 models for no really good reason, since they are almost identical.

Be patient, my friend. I spent almost a year looking for the "perfect" one, and it was well worth the wait.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:39 AM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TP, what Enir said.

There is, as an example, a '96 w/28k miles in La Jolla that was offered to me at 73k. I've seen others in this area of OC for similar prices.

Remember, half the fun is in the looking!

Bill

Quick Reply: 90k mile TT