Sponsored by:

UK price of 993 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 10:59 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post UK price of 993 Turbo

Quiet afternoon, daydreaming, fantasising! What is price of a good 993 Turbo?!

Thanks in advance!
Piers
1990 C4 964
Old 05-29-2002, 01:57 PM
WillBank
Instructor

Piers,

I bought 6 weeks ago after looking for a few months and IMHO:

15k-30k miles: £53,000 - £58,000

30k-50k miles: around £50,000

50k + miles: go with PPI to spot upcoming servicing commitments and then bid £45,000 or less.

Things like factory-fitted 430bhp upgrade make a difference, warranty useful, carbon interior a nice to have etc.

However, the golden rule is that it is the chassis and the engine that must be in good nick and it is tricky (in the UK) to find this combination. When I looked there were 14 max on the market of which I drove 8 and with one exception (the one I bought) they were dodgy in some way.

A couple of tips (and I apologise if I am teaching grandma to suck eggs etc ) make sure you hit 0.8bar boost on your tests (so that you know it is not in 'limp' mode); try going at 20 mph and then gently down-shifting to first... over-resistance and whining means bent 1st gear shaft (post mid-97 these 1st gear shafts were upgraded so this happens less but is still easily poss if the PO did 4 wheel burnouts).

In short I found three things vital: 1) Get a full PPI from an independent (Tech 9, JZ Mantech, Autofarm etc.) and go for the full cylinder leakage check if you can afford to do it a few times on diff cars 2) Don't trust OPC's in the main as they have a better relationship with the seller (who has prob just ordered a new TT and a Cayenne) than with you who they will never see again so they won't be overly concerned with your inspection thoroughness 3) And... as someone here said... this is your decision and the end price will be whatever you are emotionally ready to pay. It may be a little high but if you get peace of mind and the right car GO FOR IT! Better that than scrimp and push on a car worth so much now and so much more in potential service bills

Sorry for the (extremely) long post. Have fun and post pics when you have purchsed!

Best, Will
Old 05-30-2002, 05:32 PM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Many thanks Will. I bought my 964 9 months ago, but being of an addictive nature I want more! Financially not quite possible right now but possibly soon.

I live in central London, if you see a Red 964 C4 coupe, reg C4 WAM, flash and we'll stop and chat!

BR
Piers
Old 06-21-2002, 09:37 AM
simaloney
Track Day

I think the prices Will quoted are maybe a little high. I have a 993 Turbo which I desperately love but might be forced to sell soon. I was looking at prices which appear to be all over the place in the UK. I think the key is the relative scarcity of the cars. Just be happy we dont have to pay US prices, which seem unbeleivable.

Si

PS Will I think I spoke to you a while ago No ?
Glad you got your self a Turbo.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:33 AM
WillBank
Instructor

Talking

Si, don't do it! Sell the wife, or your kidneys, or the house and cook on the spoiler... anything but the TT

Thanks... we may well have spoken... are you in the Midlands somewhere?

best wishes, W
Old 06-21-2002, 11:39 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

911 Virgin have one Mreg and one Nreg for around £46K.....don't know mileage and 'assume the aircon needs regassing.....(sorry, a bit of an obtuse joke but some of you might get it if you have spoken to Henry...)
Old 06-21-2002, 02:41 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Regrading U.S. Prices - they seems to be about the same give 1.5 dollars to the pound. Will's estimate $79,500 - $87,000 for a low mileage 993TT is just right about what you would expect to pay here. You may be able to do better through a wholesaler, but buying a really nice low mileage TT direct from the owner for under 80K would be a decent deal. I have seen them go for as low as 70K on eBay.

Quick Reply: UK price of 993 Turbo