Old 11-19-2006, 03:08 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Lederer, were waiting:)

Michael just picked up his TT this morning and has a new set of street wheels and tires. Feel free to post the pics here Michael
Old 11-19-2006, 03:33 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Here are a few pics of track-wear..
Attached Images    
Old 11-19-2006, 03:45 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Hawt damn... that looks great. Did you do the install? I think I need to get to know you better
Old 11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Hawt damn... that looks great. Did you do the install? I think I need to get to know you better
Yes, had the car three days. New hood and decklid shocks, Gerts FPB, air filter, engine and gbx oil change, fixed the winshield squeek, installed the DAS bar with clip in five point belts, camera mount, RUF pedals etc. We used Recaro sliders and the 996 sub belt mounts, Crow harnesses.

Evo uprights should arrive tomorrow

I spent some time driving Michaels car yesterday. It is a really nice car! It does it all nicely, well manored with the dampers set at 5F and 3R. Johnsons did a nice job on the alignment, but we'll polish the setup a little more once we get the Evo uprights and toe links installed. Also gotta fix a soggy break pedal, at least I think its soggy.

And, man oh man is the stereo / Nav nice! I was watching a Jon Fogarty concert while I worked on the car, well, when I was taking breaks -- Dont tell Michael
Old 11-20-2006, 12:22 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Yes, had the car three days. New hood and decklid shocks, Gerts FPB, air filter, engine and gbx oil change, fixed the winshield squeek, installed the DAS bar with clip in five point belts, camera mount, RUF pedals etc. We used Recaro sliders and the 996 sub belt mounts, Crow harnesses.

Evo uprights should arrive tomorrow

I spent some time driving Michaels car yesterday. It is a really nice car! It does it all nicely, well manored with the dampers set at 5F and 3R. Johnsons did a nice job on the alignment, but we'll polish the setup a little more once we get the Evo uprights and toe links installed. Also gotta fix a soggy break pedal, at least I think its soggy.
Now is that a good friend or what?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Mike,

Wow, very nice setup and you didn't waste any time. Looks like you're heading down the same slope as JRG did... he now has a 996 cup car.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Shhhhhhhhhhh, Tony..... HEHEHEHEHEHEHE...
Old 11-21-2006, 02:26 PM
mleds
Rennlist Member

I had to work very hard these past few days to justify all the toys. I promise that I will post some pics ASAP. Chris Walrod and I have been friends for a while now, and he is simply the best. When someone enjoys these cars as much as he does and has as much mechanical talent as he has, the results are amazing. My car has been transformed..... METICULOUS is the word that describes what C. Walrod has done for me.

I cast my vote for C. Walrod to open up a shop. It would be the best thing that could happen to us Socal owners.

Cheers Chris and thanks again. Photos will be up soon.
Michael
Old 11-21-2006, 02:32 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris walrod
We used Recaro sliders and the 996 sub belt mounts, Crow harnesses.
Are the sliders mounted directly to the 993 rails? any other modifications to make them fit as others have suggested (ie: turn the rails around 180 degrees(?))

Is 996 sub mount the one from BK? direct bolt in?

Any other pics mounting the GT3 seats?

Thx.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
Mike,

Wow, very nice setup and you didn't waste any time. Looks like you're heading down the same slope as JRG did... he now has a 996 cup car.
Actually, both JRG and CJ did very similar things. NA 993 to souped up turbo 993 to full on race cars within 12 to 18 months. Very nice Michael and a big thumbs up to Chris!
Old 11-24-2006, 09:52 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by canysmc
Are the sliders mounted directly to the 993 rails? any other modifications to make them fit as others have suggested (ie: turn the rails around 180 degrees(?))

Is 996 sub mount the one from BK? direct bolt in?

Any other pics mounting the GT3 seats?

Thx.
Sorry for the delay in answering these questions..

Yes, the Recaro sliders bolted to the 993 rails on the floor, then to BK seat mounts. I still had to drill open both forward mounting holes for best alignment.

The sub strap mount is a 996 cup car piece, IIRC. It bolts it...now -- after I shortened it as it was about a 1/4" too wide.

I dont have any other images of the seat mounts. Once I do my black car, I will have more

Quick Reply: Lederer, were waiting:)