Sponsored by:

993 tt heating system

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 07:44 PM
sassofono
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 993 tt heating system

I made a long trip troughout Italy for Christmas and I've noticed a strange behaviour of my heating system: driving at speeds exceeding 160km/h (highway)looks like the heating is not functioning. I mean, it gets really cold inside the car.
But as soon as I slow down, the heat is there: it seems that speed create a sort of depression inside the cabin and the heater it's not able to blow hot air inside the compartment.
I also noticed this strange behaviour during accellerations, as if the hot air is going away.
Any idea ?
Thanks (and a Happy New Year!)
Marco 993 tt
Old 01-02-2002, 04:14 AM
Anthony_Vince
Advanced

I recently had a failed Relay in the engine compartment which was preventing the heater fan working (located on top of the engine). This stopped all hot air coming through. Although not the same problem it could be something to do with the relay; the relay is located on the left hand side of the engine in a black box.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:26 AM
sassofono
Track Day

Thanks for your help.
In my case, the fan works (at least you hear the noise of the fan increasing its speed).
It's really like if there's more pressure inside the compartment than outside and this tackle the hot air income.
Bye
Marco 993 tt

Quick Reply: 993 tt heating system