Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reader Poll on Black 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002 | 11:48 PM
Bond
Intermediate

[quote]Originally posted by 88clbsport:
<strong>Not a TT but my 993 4s is black and is enjoying a lot of use...the front clip is not though. A lot of stone chips cover the the bumper and hood. I have heard of a black based 3m wax but don't know much about how well it works...any experience(s)with this or other related product?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jason - how many miles did your 97 C4S have on it
before the chip count was more than "just a few"? / how many miles now? - thanks.

Bond
Old 07-21-2002 | 04:20 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If I would not buy my Red (with black interior) 993 I would be looking for black. I think the black is a classic colour and it complements a wide body car. Just think that the bumpers, and rubber trim colour match the car....

If you like it don't sweat over the colour. There are always people who prefer different colours. I would not buy for example a silver car! Not that its ugly I just dont like silver on a car!

Good luck!
Old 07-21-2002 | 05:52 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

I've been told by car dealer that black is the hardest color to sell, and has a lower resale value as a result. Personally, I think it's the worst possible color for a 911, especially a Turbo. It flattens out all the curves, which is one of the things I like best about 911's.
Old 07-21-2002 | 10:29 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

pig4bill,
I find your statement interesting as multiple dealers have told me that the only p-cars that they will take in are either black or silver as they are the classic colors in most demand. Any other colors are more difficult to move in general, or so I was told.

To be upfront, while my car is black/classic gray, I searched with either polar or artic silver in mind and only considered black when the perfect car fell into my lap. I absolutely love it and every time that I walk past it am well aware of its magnificent lines and contours.

As for upkeep, I pretty much maintain it as does Dan89_930 and find it no problem at all. I drive the car anywhere from 1-3 days per week and have no regrets with my selection.

Steve
'97 993tt
Old 07-22-2002 | 07:43 PM
J-McDonald
Pro

I agree with the other posts re: the beauty of black p-cars, but the increased maintenance associated with that color. My previous car was silver and it was MUCH easier to keep clean.

Re: black "flattening the curves", I couldn't disagree more -- when clean and polished, my '91 C2 cab is all curves.

Old 07-23-2002 | 01:52 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Color is a personal choice, my father had to have a triple black for his TT. Personaly, I would much rather have the Arena Red or Silver. I would not want black for a daily driver.

Nothing can beat the deep look/depth of a well kept black car.

Overcast day at the 24hrs of Daytona 2002...
Old 08-01-2002 | 12:56 PM
simaloney
Track Day

Whilst I do agree that black does flatten the curves of a car, ( ask any woman she will tell you about wearing tight light colours when not totally trim ! ) I still think that black and silver are the best colours for resale. It seems a crap shoot what dealers will tell you as someone else commented that they had been told that black was worst, I was told black was best. It may be that silver is best, it just so happened the other dealer DIDNT have a black car and mine DID. Who knows ? Black is a b*tch to keep clean but when they are clean boy do they gleam. The same cannot be said of silver, whilst they rarely look dirty the never seem to gleam like a really clean black car.

Si

Quick Reply: Reader Poll on Black 993TT