Sponsored by:

1996 993 TT for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 10:49 AM
hunterp
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Post 1996 993 TT for Sale

Alright, Someone is gonna get a great deal. Due to the recent market downturn (I rode it as long as I could) the toy needs a new home. I have a 1996 993 Twin Turbo that has covered many miles. I'm the 2nd owner and first owner purchased it new and used it every day as his daily driver. (More detail from the dealer if you want it) It has 98,000 commuter miles on it and was traded for a 2001 996 TT. I was lucky enough to have buddy in the exotic business who got a call about the car and we decided to give it a try even though it was miley. I bought thru him and I even bought a warranty (have not had to use it) for the the engine, transmission and turbos. I bought the car in October of last year and have enjoyed tinkering and making very close to perfect. The car is bone stock. I had the front bumper removed and repainted to fix all of the rock chips that you would expect on a car with 98,000 miles. Additionally, I had the front license plate holes filled during the repaint process. It was professionally done and you can't tell unless you were told. Just wanted to be up front. The car has brand new Michelin Pilots (which are great by the way) and I just had the stock muffler tips polished and replaced the matte "turbo" emblem with a polished "turbo" one.

Furthermore, I had the major Porsche service done at the Porsche Store in Plano, TX and replaced the belts and did everything they said it needed which was almost nothing. I have given them opportunity twice to find things wrong with the car and they have given it a clean bill of health both times. So, if you have always wanted a 993 twin turbo and just could not find a spare 100k laying around, buy this unbeleivable car for $62,000.00 semi-negotiable.

The car is Black with Gray full leather and has the Nokia digital sound package. The car stickered for $108,000.00 new and still looks and runs that way. This car is truly a steal for someone. I just can't ignore my financial position any longer with a perfectly good 95 Lexus LS400 and a 99 4X4 Suburban sitting in the garage. Tried to sell the boat first but the wife would have none of that.

First come, first served.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:15 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts
Nice car, but good luck with the $67K asking price, as there are a bunch of 30K mile cars in the mid $70's.

CTB
Old 08-22-2001, 04:10 PM
hunterp
Rennlist Member

So what's a fair price and where are all of these mid 70's cars? I have not seen any.

HP
Old 08-22-2001, 07:29 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts
There is (was) a 1997 TT for sale with these miles posted right here on the Rennlist board. $76K in Georgia.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:36 PM
hunterp
Rennlist Member

Chris Brown,

One car that is no longer for sale does not exactly match your discription of "a bunch of cars". So, I will ask you again, what is a fair price for my car? I really don't know. I know that cars that have this much mileage are rare here in the USA but very common in Germany. I travel to Munich every two months and stay at a hotel that is walking distance from the biggest Porsche dealer in Munich. While I was there last month they had 3 customer 993 TT's and two of their own 993 TT's for sale that all had more than 70K Kilometers on them. They all were priced around $90,000 US dollars.

I know the exchange hurts the value in this comparison, but I don't know how much. I would appreciate someone telling what they would pay for something like this.

HP
Old 08-24-2001, 02:43 PM
mjc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds provides a quote that's very close ($65k) to hunterp's price. However, dealer trade-in, as one might expect, is much lower at $55k.

Market value, on the other hand, will determine a fair price for the car. What is the likelihood of U.S. consumers buying a '96 993tt with close to 100k miles?

IMO, if you're looking to make a quick sale, then pricing it a little lower may help, but if you market the car to those looking at the earlier turbos then you may have some takers.

Quick Reply: 1996 993 TT for Sale