Sponsored by:

air-cond problem..........need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 10:28 PM
Don't lift
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question air-cond problem..........need help

MY 95 with 60K miles. When turning the air on, it will come on for about 5-10 seconds and then sounds like the fan shuts down but leaving just a high pitched whirling sound and no cold air. Can someone shed some light on this problem?

TIA
Old 02-26-2002, 12:51 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry that I can't help you with your problem, but I really like your screen name.

When I started doing my Driver Education events, I remember they talked about how to drive a 911 through a corner. Just remember these 3 things, they said:

Don't lift
Don't lift
and Don't lift

Jeff
Old 02-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Fred H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received the same instructiion at my recent driver education. Once I followed it, I began to understand the capabilities of my car.

Fred
P.S. Your air conditioning dryer should have a sight glass on top. Run the air conditioning and see if there are air bubbles in the glass. If you see them, then you may have a low charge of freon. Have someone add freon and do a leak check at the same time. These vehicle are very sensitive to the amount of freon in the system. This can have a dramatic effect on your air conditioning system cooling capability.

Quick Reply: air-cond problem..........need help