Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino party

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003 | 12:34 AM
LeeR
Racer

Question Zaino party

Steve, did you have that Zaino party? How about a report? Is it all it's cracked up to be? Just curious.
Old 02-04-2003 | 01:10 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Lee,

My Porsche was very clean and waxed up, so I brought my dirty old 1997, black Mustang Cobra over. 75,000 miles, but usually covered or parked in a garage. Still, lots of surface scrathes and swirl marks. There were about 8 cars that showed up, and the LA Zaino reps came out to help get us started. Beer, Pizza, Rolex Daytona race on TV... about all you can ask for. Scott & family came out to watch.

Two of us did the Zaino thing. Wash (with dawn), clay bar, wash again, Z5 polish (because of the scratches)... my buddy in his 03 Cobra used Z2 (paint with no scratches). We did two coats of the Z5 or Z2, then a little Z6 detail spray. It sounds like a lot of work, but the hardest part was washing the car twice. The other stuff was easy, and I don't need to do the claybar again for a really long time.

The results? I love it. My Cobra has never looked better, and I understand that as I add more coats of Z5, the finish will get better and better, Then maybe I can switch to the Z2.

My buddy's Cobra was brilliant. His car is Mineral Gray, and just knocks your eyes out. He is giving away all his old waxes and stuff. I'm too much a "collector" to do that.

When the Porsche gets dirty enough, I'll do the entire treatment on it as well. It looks good now, but should be outstanding with the Zaino.

Your Midnight Blue Porsche will be incredible with the Zaino. I heartily recommend it.

We gotta do another tour. That was really nice.
Old 02-04-2003 | 12:35 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

aswesome, I just ordered a bunch of zaino mainly for my hot rod, it should be here this weekend

Got any pics?
Old 02-04-2003 | 01:01 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Soon2bo993TT,

I'm an old "film" type guy, and I left my 35mm camera in the Porsche. But The Zaino guy took some digital pictures... maybe he'll send them over. Of course, then I won't know what to do with them. I can email them to you, and maybe you can post them? Lets wait and see how the pictures came out.
Old 02-05-2003 | 12:47 AM
LeeR
Racer

Steve, thanks for the info. I'll look for the photos. I'd be up for another Sunday tour. -Lee.

Quick Reply: Zaino party