Spectacular Porsche Crash

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006 | 08:49 PM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PK
I've been on RL for more than 4 years now....that is THE MOST INSENSITIVE REMARK I've ever read here.
Why don't you try to sit in that burning car for just 45 seconds and tell us if $395,000 is worth your pay day.

Definatly insensitive if you think for a minute that someone would HONESTLY consider burning themselves for any amount of money... The comment, while crude, was an attempt at bringing a lightened perspective to a video clip that dosen't need to be posted in the first place. If you yourself were offended by a comment having to do with that video clip,.. then what do you have to gain by watching it?

I apoligize if my comment offended anyone, It wasn't posted to poke humor at the unfortunate driver, rather the fact that we are all sitting comfortably at our computer desks watching his tragic situation. I thought that would be implied, however if you are inclined to take a comment at its face value than so be it.

Furthermore, A post of a video titled "burnbabyburn" dosent seem too sensitive to the drivers' conditions either, however, being of sound judgement... I know that if you, yourself were at the track, you wouldn't be in the stands screaming "Burn baby, Burn!", just as I wouldn't be trying to figure if the time spent in the blaze would be worth the settlement he would recieve for his injuries.

Old 10-02-2006 | 09:39 PM
PK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iJeremy
Definatly insensitive if you think for a minute that someone would HONESTLY consider burning themselves for any amount of money... The comment, while crude, was an attempt at bringing a lightened perspective to a video clip that dosen't need to be posted in the first place. If you yourself were offended by a comment having to do with that video clip,.. then what do you have to gain by watching it?

I apoligize if my comment offended anyone, It wasn't posted to poke humor at the unfortunate driver, rather the fact that we are all sitting comfortably at our computer desks watching his tragic situation. I thought that would be implied, however if you are inclined to take a comment at its face value than so be it.

Furthermore, A post of a video titled "burnbabyburn" dosent seem too sensitive to the drivers' conditions either, however, being of sound judgement... I know that if you, yourself were at the track, you wouldn't be in the stands screaming "Burn baby, Burn!", just as I wouldn't be trying to figure if the time spent in the blaze would be worth the settlement he would recieve for his injuries.

Apology accepted.
I posted the second video since someone mentioned there's a second part to the crash and Kevin was asking about it. However, I did not choose/select those inappropriate words for the video title. It was an old video clip. I've seen it on another host site under a different title but was not able to find it.
Old 10-02-2006 | 10:02 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

That is by FAR the most appalling video I have EVER seen..... If any of you have ever been in a crash situation on the race track - you will be SICK to your stomach.

Please edit your post to warn others of the nature of this video.

Simon.
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:00 PM
PK
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Boost Crazy

Please edit your post to warn others of the nature of this video.

Simon.[/QUOTE]

Done.
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:54 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I recall this showing up about 10 years ago on the boards. I was shocked that anyone walked away from either car.

As far as the worse. Oh no...There was a Ferrari F50 crash shown on the boards about the same time. It was so horrible I thought it was fake. I will not resite the scene but to this day still turns my stomach. That poor guy did not make it.
Old 10-03-2006 | 04:12 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

that's insane. why was he not immediately backboarded? that is not just a slow response time, but utter incompetence in terms of medical treatment!

thank god for nomex!
Old 10-03-2006 | 05:13 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche

thank god for nomex!
True but........

this video as mentioned has seen its rounds. I read a long story with respect to this accident and the lawsuit that followed several years ago translated from a Japanese magazine. He was most significantly burned around his neck, head and sections of his arms. I saw a picture of him after numerous plastic surgery's. Hair piece, nose, lip and ear grafts, worse than Nikki Lauda by far. I assume he was baked inside his helmut. You can see the lexan shield is burnt away in the video. Also had respiratory issued associated with inhaled fumes. His will to live inside that car after its impact is amazing.

Quick Reply: Spectacular Porsche Crash