Before and Afters:

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006 | 04:25 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by md11plt
sfbanchs,
If you do the 12 o'clock tach, could you ask them about the needle? Does it just screw/press on at the new zero or does it require a recalibration?
You need to remove the needle and replace it at the new zero point. Please see picture. Not difficult, but need to be careful while removing it. There is a DIY on the 993 board if you run a search.
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2006 | 05:57 PM
AiRick
Pro

You should reroute your seatbelts....the lower part of the belt needs to go through the lower opening on the outboard side.
I have seen them both ways, I plan on putting in a 5 piont in and also leaving the stock belts. I thought the stock belt may get in the way after I do that. Also it is so snug down at the hips I think the stock Female plug would dig in everytime I got in.
Very nice.
Where did you purchase? With 993 specific brackets?
Can you tell us more about your seat install? Any modifications needed as some threads here suggested?
Got them from Gert Carnenwal, Had to drill out some threads where the pin from the new sliders drops into. Gert sent info on that. They are 993 Gt3 seats so no problem with the brackets.
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2006 | 06:03 PM
AiRick
Pro

HTML Code:
You should reroute your seatbelts....the lower part of the belt needs to go through the lower opening on the outboard side.
Opps just got what you ment! I thought you were talking about the inboard plug. Yes you are right Ill move the outboard lower belt in to the hole. Im not sure when I put in the 5 point if that will get in the way. Thanks
Old 10-21-2006 | 12:57 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AiRick
Opps just got what you ment! I thought you were talking about the inboard plug. Yes you are right Ill move the outboard lower belt in to the hole. Im not sure when I put in the 5 point if that will get in the way. Thanks
Yes, I was referring to the male end (it's almost impossible to route the female end through the opening. It's how the belts are routed in Euro GT3s which have these seats as options (I also run my belts this way), otherwise the belt will rub on the leather. Not sure if they will conflict w/5 pt belts.
Old 10-21-2006 | 01:04 AM
AiRick
Pro

Thanks after looking at the I don't think I can keep the stock belts after I instal the 5 points. I will worry about that in the sping after I find a proper roll cage or brace. On order 3 spoke and alum shifter and hand brake. For my future Before and After.............
Old 10-21-2006 | 06:04 AM
md11plt
Pro

AiRick and Jean, thanks for the help on the gage. Ordered one from FVD. Can't wait! I have aluminum gages and just ordered the silver Tach gage. I hope the color is close enough!? Any thoughts?

AiRick, bitchen seats. How are they comfort wise and ease (or lack there of) of entry/exit. I have also considered these seats as well as doing a rear seat delete, although I have not found a viable option for the latter.

Tom
Old 11-05-2006 | 01:09 AM
AiRick
Pro

Default Some more

Before + After
Attached Images   
Old 11-29-2006 | 03:45 PM
AiRick
Pro

Default Some More

Berfore and afters :
Attached Images     
Old 11-29-2006 | 04:40 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

Looking good
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:10 AM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Default Nice Upgrades

I am new to Rennlist and noticed your pictures. I then realized you live just up the street.

I just bought my 97 993 tt in Arctic Silver last month.

PM me if you want to take a spin.
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:41 AM
AiRick
Pro

tried to send a PM but message came back saying that you do not except PM's. Are you in Arrowcreek ? Hoping for good weather! We have a nice Porsche club here in Reno , very nice people.
Old 12-23-2006 | 12:07 AM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

tried to send a PM but message came back saying that you do not except PM's. Are you in Arrowcreek ? Hoping for good weather! We have a nice Porsche club here in Reno , very nice people.

Hi AiRick,

I just joined so my PM priveleges are obviously in the FBI check stage or something. Once I figure it out I hope to have access.. It appears that cash is neeed to post Pics so that will be my next step also.

Yes, I came over a couple of months ago to chat with you about your car sitting in the driveway.

I live down the street and Right at the bottom of the Cul De Sac at 2879 G.P.Ct.

I found a nice 97 TT at TruSpeedmotorcars in So. Cal and have been having a bit of fun driving it around.

I will try and swing over this weekend and say Hi if thats OK. Want to check out all those cool mods in the flesh also.

Mark
Old 12-23-2006 | 12:37 AM
AiRick
Pro

Yes I remember.... Gald to hear you picked up a TT....We will need to take them out this spring. Im out of town for a couple of weeks. We can get together after that. Hope you get some photos up , Ill be looking for them. Eric
Old 12-24-2006 | 05:27 PM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Default Some pictures

Originally Posted by AiRick
Yes I remember.... Gald to hear you picked up a TT....We will need to take them out this spring. Im out of town for a couple of weeks. We can get together after that. Hope you get some photos up , Ill be looking for them. Eric
Not sure where to post them so will put them here for now
Attached Images    
Old 12-24-2006 | 09:27 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow Mark! 993tt owners are getting younger all the time>

Quick Reply: Before and Afters: