Sponsored by:

SF Bay Area Body Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SF Bay Area Body Shop Recommendations

My daughter was rear ended in her 2001 Civic. Our insurance company, AAA, sent her to Evelyn Body Shop in Mountain View for an estimate. It came back at $1,500.

The rear bumper cover needs replacement as do the shock mounts for the bumper. The bottom of the trunk is cumpled and needs to be repaired. Other miscellaneous parts and painting as well.

I cannot see how this can only cost $1,500.

I want to take the car to another shop for another estimate.

Any recommendations for a good body shop, although not a Porsche level shop, would be appreciated.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:03 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hal,

I have had good luck with Active Auto Body in Mountain View. Sean is the owner there. 83 Pioneer Way # A, Mountain View, CA (650) 254-8933.

You can say Pong (the guy with the black Porsche/RUF) referred you. I hope he still remembers me.

Good luck.

CP
Old 07-31-2006, 06:07 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pong,

Thanks for the recommendation!

What can we do to get Bob back to the Bay Area???
Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hal,

You are welcomed. I worked with Sean on quite a few cars and he's been great throughout.

As for Bob. he needs time to sort out the 'paperwork'. We exchanged e-mails and he is the designated 'processor' as Yvonne is travelling incessantly. I think afterwards he will be thinking about where to hang out. I will throw in my obligatory WHB (Welcome Home Bob) BBQ at my place, if that's any inducement.

More realistically, if there is someone to go into business with him locally, it'd be a great help as then he does not have to worry about all the logistics to start the business all over again. Working on Porsches is one thing, but finding and negotiating shop space, setting up accounting, and billing, ordering and fetching parts etc. That's a lot of tedious, but unavoidable work.

CP

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Body Shop Recommendations