Sponsored by:

techart foglights

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Default techart foglights

saw this on ebay and thought i would pass it along http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...73331037QQrdZ1
Old 06-13-2006, 05:20 PM
pezza
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't look like the original kit, as the ducting and deflectors are missing, plus if you look closely the position light is missing from the light unit that is being sold, although you can clearly see it in the example of the fitted kit he shows.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:59 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

I had emailed the seller last week about why that little light is missing, despite being shown on the car picture. No reply, naturally..
Old 06-13-2006, 07:09 PM
pezza
Racer

The techart lights are made by hella, they are the same units fitted to certain VW cars, in the UK they are on the VW Golf range of a few years ago. I have the Techart kit on my car, Techart mod them slightly, I guess they just drill a small hole in them to take the positioning light bulb, it's held in place by a piece of high density foam. You could probably do the mod on the units that the ebay seller has, but you still will not be getting the brake ducting and other bits.

regards
Old 06-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by chris walrod
I had emailed the seller last week about why that little light is missing, despite being shown on the car picture. No reply, naturally..
Chris,

Coleman (RL member) was in Hong Kong on business last month and actually met with this Seller. This is the same seller that he bought the smoked corners from... I'll give coleman a call and see if he can follow up or get more details for us.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:05 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
Chris,

Coleman (RL member) was in Hong Kong on business last month and actually met with this Seller. This is the same seller that he bought the smoked corners from... I'll give coleman a call and see if he can follow up or get more details for us.
Great, and thanks!

I have TechArt ducts already, so I was really trying to warn others the fact these may not be actual TechArt pieces. I would love to hear the result at any rate.

Thanks again!
Old 06-15-2006, 10:43 PM
donsacto
Racer

Group buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Tony - did you find out anything from Coleman? I'm curious about this seller because he is selling only part of the kit new - what happened to the rest of it? And he is the same guy selling $39 clear corners that are not original - at least the ones he is selling do not look like mine. On the other hand, the lights sold for $380 and according to FVD the brake sccops alone are worth $130 each on sale.

Greg H.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:11 AM
NA1-T
Advanced

I think it is missing 2 rubber tub behind each brake duct & 2 plastic piece for the fender liner.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Greg H.
Tony - did you find out anything from Coleman? I'm curious about this seller because he is selling only part of the kit new - what happened to the rest of it? And he is the same guy selling $39 clear corners that are not original - at least the ones he is selling do not look like mine. On the other hand, the lights sold for $380 and according to FVD the brake sccops alone are worth $130 each on sale.

Greg H.
No.. not yet. Let me try again.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Coleman, are you out there buddy... you have a PM. Thanks bruddah!!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

Cheers- Sorry I never really hang out in the "Turbo" area, I usually slum back in the narrow body area.. Anyhow.. I met with the guy who makes these during my last trip to HK.. His name is Bob, and he has a ex-race RHD 993.. He just loves cars and makes a bunch of parts for various german cars.. I bought a set of smoked corners for my 993 and I have been running them for a few months.. Good news is that they were like 50 bucks.. bad news is that they are not the exact quality of the hellas.. the lens is optically correct, there was a tiny issue where the 2 halfs clam-shell together and were HF welded together, as there was a little area which didn't get welded.. I hit it with some silicone and all is sealed now.. the fit was good, maybe a little tight, but no real issues- and I have been in the wet with them and they do not condense in the inside yet.. that being said, I dunno about the Techart-replica parts.. they look okay, but for whatever he is asking it may be worth just checking them out.. Isn't the techart kit like 700 bucks? IIRC? I'm sure the quality is not the same, but keep your originals around for the Concours! he is also almost done with a replica smoke-red rear tail lamp and brake corners set.. should be cool as well.. I'm sure some of our units are fading and look pink by now!! Here is a photo of Bob and his 993.. Cool to see a guy just making parts because he loves the cars!!!

Coleman.
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the reply. So it appears that he is selling repro stuff. The foglight/airscoop package is back up on ebay I noticed. I wonder how low he'll go? I might be tempted to give it a try as I like the techart look better than the turbo s look.

Greg H.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Thanks Coleman... Have fun this Sunday caning your baby and carving the canyons.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
donsacto
Racer

All:

I offered him $250+shipping for the knock-off ducts and he accepted. Never went through with it because I was concerned about the build quality, especially where the duct and foglight mate. Be curious if he'd accept $200??

Quick Reply: techart foglights