Sponsored by:

Take the plunge today

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 03:11 PM
bkniep
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Take the plunge today

I'd like to thank everyone for all your great advice in my search for a 993 TT. I'm completing a purchase this afternoon for a fantastic low miles Arena Red machine with most of the upgrades I was planning for already completed. Suspension, lowered ride height, upgraded brakes and cooling. Everything a man needs!!!

Transport is arranged for the weekend and I should be riding in style by the end of next week.

This is a great community. I look forward to more discussions down the road.
BTW Anyone in PCA St. Louis who might like to go for a drive?
Bill
Old 05-12-2006, 03:29 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Bill,

Congrats on your purchase. Sounds terrific. When do we get the details and pictures?

BTW, Arena Red cars were not only chosen by Porsche for all of their print ads ("Kiils bugs fast", "like you're own private amusement park"), but they went to great lengths to ensure that their best engines went in to cars of that color. You'll be very, very happy!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:42 PM
ignomini
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand the general build quality of Arena Red cars is also much higher...
Old 05-12-2006, 06:51 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Another advantage of an Arena Red TT.... there are some really cool UT models in 1/18 scale in that color. This is a MUST HAVE for Arena Red TT owners. I believe I have seen that model in black, silver, and speed yellow as well. Search eBay.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:01 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

There are a bunch of 993 guys in St. Louis. Only a couple turbo guys that I know...
Old 05-12-2006, 07:54 PM
bkniep
Instructor

This was fellow Rennlister Grant Bayless' car so its still up on the classified site. Lots of great pics there. Grant made al ot of mods to maximise the handling, just hope the lousy roads in St. Louis don't require me to raise the ride height.
Bill
Old 05-12-2006, 08:06 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Oh you bought Grant's car. Very nice.... Be bought a lot of items from me to make that a special car. Congrats....
Old 05-12-2006, 11:16 PM
gjb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bill,

We're all still here for you - before, during and after the sale. Drive safe and remember, there is no substitute - welcome to the club and PCA as well.

There are great memories of .....

Sharkeys 996tt wheels on that car, fresh with BFG Drag Radials from the European Car Shootout.......what a sight that was and what Sharkeys car is.

Getting all of Gert's trick stuff from Euroland, back when the Fx rate was 1:1 ish or less, not the 1:.25/1 now .....

ViperBob holding court at his house in Los Gatos with a fine red in hand and the latest on his black 993tt ...... awesome

Being chased at Second Creek by what is now the #11 driver on SCCA World Challenge GT series in his PCA race car and holding my own.... for a couple of turns(I mean straights) anyway.... (email for the video)

The great people in RMR PCA DE events having the patience with a newbie.......

Having a Grand County CO APB for some arena red car passing.... but officer, it was Red Mist, not Mountain Dew Red Mist.... that was a trip and every CSP, small town cop, fish & game, mountain parks getting in on the fun.

Dueling with a 996tt down Independence Pass last summer, a very impressive catch up by the 996tt that really had me wondering how the @# did he do that... It's a one lane for a portion with traffic.... Then reliving it in Woody Creek before Hunter killed himself. Hunter. Gonzo. Turbo-Gonzo. That was us that day.

Chris Cervelli schooling me on setup, the car and Porsches. His shop is a toy store and history at the same time. Probably should be driving LeMans for a factory team right now, what a treasure to have him here in Denver and access across the US.....

Learning smooth and the sliver of smooth that divides the line between fast and fastest. Thanks to David Rossiter and the instructor group at RMR
PCA where I practiced humility and tried their patience........

Pictures of my little kids sitting in the front trunk. Priceless.....

Anyway, you get the idea. The experience has been awesome and remember, it's the journey, not finish. Oh wait, that's why I'm a member of HWFMR...

I'll be around, be safe. And who know in what next..... to be continued.

Grant
Old 05-13-2006, 01:40 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Congratulations.

Funny thing is I will be flying over your head tomorrow on the way to Nashville for my Arena Red. Colorado loses an Arena Red and gains one back

PS: Grants car is awsome. I would have snagged it if I had a few more pennies
Old 05-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Bill,

Congrats and welcome... enjoy in good health.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:20 AM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to roll man, you will love it, nothing like having a TT, I had mine in for the clutch accumulator at the Dealer yest, and there was a crowd around it when I went to pick her up, people love the tt.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:12 PM
bkniep
Instructor

What a gorgeous car. It arrived this morning and I've only managed to driv e it for about ten minutes, but its going to the ballgame with me tonight.
Thanks Grant for keeping this car in such tremendous shape. I think I'll go admire it now.
Bill
Old 05-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow...congrats.....sounds like a great find!! I agree...nothing like a TT

Better post a picture....

Quick Reply: Take the plunge today