K24Madness - toys coming out of the pram

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:10 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts
Default K24Madness - toys coming out of the pram

Following K24Madness's 6Bling thread about his exit from RL, below is his latest post. He is becoming more and more bitter and egged on by the positive posts from fellow "blingers" he is now pronouncing that " It is truely a loss for the members of rennlist"

I would like to offer a response to some of the comments made below and since I don't post on 6Bling:
He has come to the conclusion that "Kevin's stage 2 set up is not the best set up for the 993tt and the best is K24/26 not offered by Kevin"
What exactly does this mean ? If you bolt on K24/26 onto a stockish motor you will get lag and lots of it - Kevin has done a package which will appeal to MOST people with best response and sustainable power.
K24Madness's tuning efforts are just that, he has not paid to have an engine/programming expert spend day's fine tuning on a fully loaded Maha dyno - he has done his "by post" .
Kevin's engine programming will retain full factory boost control and will give you maximum torque in all conditions up to the limits of safety. K24Madness's will give you a 500hp dyno curve - but what happens when the real road parameters go outside his fixed boost program ? timing pulled, less power than stock ?
If you look at Madness's impressive dyno diagram below it stops at 6000rpm - it is here that Gunthers will be upping the boost again for the final charge to the rev limiter at 6800+rpm

I realise this post is a little unfair since (unfortunately) K24Madness cannot respond - but in his post below he cites MY experiences with Kevin and the Stage 3 turbos and how "I was a very frustrating experance." Well I am sorry if he was frustrated, but surely it is not his place to comment on what was promised/expected ?

I really hope K24Madness does a 60-130mph run to prove me wrong, but from where I'm sitting his tuning is a very poor alternative to Kevin's investment in creating the packages he has.

BTW, I obviously have no financial connection with Kevin and AFAIK have always paid full price for the stuff I have had from him

Imagine the frustration of the enthusist who can't share his proven combo of parts because it affects the sales of a sponsor of said site. I then get several PM's from frustrated owners of "Kevins stage2 kit" asking for help. I even took time out of my day and went with a guy that had the stage 2 kit to a local dyno to help understand the problem. I have come to the conclusion that it is not the best setup for the 993tt. Because the best setup (k24/26) is was not offered by Kevin and I pointed people in the direction of where to purchase all the items needed to duplicate my setup I was banned.

I had several PM's from Kevin stating I was hurting his business. I told him to offer the package that I had and I would endorse it. He refused.

There was one guy who was told by Kevin that his stage 3 turbos would make more power that his current K24/26 turbos. I watched that guy spend 10k plus having the motor removed and dynoed only to have the dyno show major power losses.

I was a very frustrating experance.

Those of you who have had a 993tt know how difficult it is to make this kind of power on a AWD mustang dyno. I was just trying to lead others down the same path of success. It is truely a loss for the members of rennlist

Old 05-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i find this incident very unfortunate .. mostly because our forum should be a place for open exchange of ideas. All users place different "discount factors" on various members postings ... for example, i strongly suggest that people take Jean or Kevin's engine advice alot more seriously than they would take mine.

While I have no way to evaluate K24's tuning work, he should be able to post the results of his experiments and it is for us to believe him or not. Afterall, no one is comparing him to Mr.Ruf. I do respect our sponsors/RL sponsorship, so perhaps he shouldnt be offering to "sell" his package. But there is nothing wrong with him posting what he has created and its performance.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:11 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
6Bling
There is a great group of Porsche enthusiasts on 6speed, no need to hate.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:39 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
There is a great group of Porsche enthusiasts on 6speed, no need to hate.
No hate intended
Old 05-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Well I hope this does not become a forum war which is exactly what K24 and a few others are intending to do now because of their personal failure to abide by rules and regulations. It is amazing the sort of comments being posted there. I am sure the moderators there would have done exactly the same if K24 had done there what he did here, and the real reason behind his ban.

They are both great places to hang out, this one more technical and the other more fun perhaps? No big deal.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Woodster
Drifting

I have begun posting on both and actually enjoy some of the info/characters on 6speed,
expecially looking forward to watching Pinks on speed channel on wednesday night when
VR ALEX (6speeder) will be seen decimating and taking some poor souls nova...
Markski (Local to me Chicagoian) has been sharing some of his exciting mods being performed
right now by Protomotive. (this 996TT will be in the neighborhood of 1000 HP !!).
Rennlist has always focused on and provided me with great technical support and I
cherish and respect that, 6 speed has more whacky fun (and at times exaggerated) P-car
stuff on it. As for Tom and Kevin's beef, I had better not go into it, but I will state the
obvious. Kevin is a turbo expert and can talk circles around everyone but a few people.
Tom (K-24 Madness) is one of those people... herein lies a potiential "conflict".

MK
Old 05-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then it time to surf the 6 speed more often
Old 05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
Rickard
Nice...As an FYI, Kevin has just replied to your 240th post and question in 4 months on this forum..
Old 05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
red993tt
Racer

Richard, I am sure they will enjoy reading about your "home made" engineering over there as well.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red993tt
Richard, I am sure they will enjoy reading about your "home made" engineering over there as well.
What is home made engineering..?

Do you mean home made muffler bypasses, sorry if not as dumb as you and pay 600 dollars for a 90 degree angle..
Old 05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jean
Rickard
Nice...As an FYI, Kevin has just replied to your 240th post and question in 4 months on this forum..
Que..?

So do you say that i ask alot, do you say that you are better then me..or what do you mean..?

My conclusion is that i should not ask and not post on this bord, but maybe i understod wrong
Old 05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
red993tt
Racer

Do you mean home made muffler bypasses, sorry if not as dumb as you and pay 600 dollars for a 90 degree angle..

I don't own a bypass.
However, your name calling statement will offend all of those who do own one.
With your credibility, I hope you don't try to start marketing your genius invention anytime soon.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red993tt
I don't own a bypass.
However, your name calling statement will offend all of those who do own one.
With your credibility, I hope you don't try to start marketing your genius invention anytime soon.
It was to you and nobody els, it was not me that started this war...

I was only saying that i would surf 6speed sometimes now becouse i will miss K24 i never visit that board othervice
Old 05-03-2006, 02:21 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Insulting people who choose to pay for the best rather than make do with a DIY job shows your naivety on things 993tt.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hold up a second...!

Violation of forum rules is one bad thing.

But this is turning a bit hostile. I come here to read about technical aspects of the 993 Turbo, if I want a pie throwing contest I go to the "Off-Topic" section and watch the kids there. Several members here do put a lot of effort in to research, sharing their experience and answering questions and that is very very very appreciated and they deserve real credit for doing this. The content here is completly based on what the users provide themselves and much by answering questions.

So if anyone is on their way to turn this in to a forum war, banning people for asking questions or kill the right to question the content. We, the 993 Turbo owners, will be the biggest loosers in this.

So Please:
Ask, Challenge, Question, Develop, Research, Debate and so on and lets keep it their. This is still allowed in the limits of the rules. So would still be the choice of a bent pipe for $9 or a stainless steel pipe for $200. Some look for the ultimate perfection and some look for the biggest bang for the buck. There is a difference and we know it and the choice is ours...

Quick Reply: K24Madness - toys coming out of the pram