Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the car you beat me to it!

Regards,
Chris
Old 04-23-2006, 01:39 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks to all of you. Can't wait to get it! Talked in length to the owner today and it sounds like it is a really nice one, well done, serviced, good history what else can you ask for.

Can't make up my mind if I should drive it back (Minneapolis to SF) or have a truck pick it up. Will see.

I am glad to be back in an air cooled turbo. The newer ones just didn't do it for me. They seem too big and lack personality.

Any input on what else to do to the car is appreciated. It is not my daily driver, I will use it for weekend trips up and down the coast and maybe a couple track events a year.

Hope to hook up with some of you guys soon! Infineon and Laguna Seca and to a lesser degree Thunderhill are the tracks I go to.

porschemeister
Old 04-23-2006, 02:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,778 Likes on 2,368 Posts

jochen, you are insane... you bought the TT!
did your GT2 race car deal not go through.
please let me know when you be at infineon again, i must get a ride with you and see how a real pro drive the circuit.

http://www.coastaldriving.org/
they have a sears date early june.
mostly porsche guys.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:51 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats PM!!!
Marty, that looks like Afton......
Old 04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
jochen, you are insane... you bought the TT!
did your GT2 race car deal not go through.
please let me know when you be at infineon again, i must get a ride with you and see how a real pro drive the circuit.

http://www.coastaldriving.org/
they have a sears date early june.
mostly porsche guys.
Hi John, still working on the race car GT2 deal, finally got pics and it has some serious left side damage, trying to agree on a price. I hope it will happen! I will let you know when I am at Infineon next time.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemeister

I am glad to be back in an air cooled turbo. The newer ones just didn't do it for me. They seem too big and lack personality..
Glad to see someone thinking alike..Congratulations, that car is a beauty.
Originally Posted by porschemeister
Any input on what else to do to the car is appreciated.
So how far do you want to go?
BTW if you have any special GT2 EVO parts that you don't know what to do with, let me know
Old 04-23-2006, 01:48 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Jean:

I will probably enjoy as is for the time being except adding Recaro's and harnesses. Maybe down the road convert to 3.8 (test drove an Andial 3.8 years ago and loved it) and street GT2 look.

I have lots of GT2 and Evo stuff laying around....actually stacked in a 20' container. This will make me finally go thru and inventory it. Parts I saw when I looked in it last week: factory fuel cell (100l), 380 mm discs complete with hats and various calipers (new and used), Bilstein adjustable shocks (probably outdated by now), oilcoolers, lots of springs, brake pads, body parts (mostly GT2 take offs), steering rack, suspension parts (some look slightly bent...guess some after crash take off stuff ). Evo nose and so on.

Your cars looks awesome. Is it a factory GT2?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Porschemeister
If you don't need any of the parts please let me know.. especially the brakes! I am always looking for EVO stuff.

My car is not a real GT2, I did try to get it as close as possible to one, and I am sure that I would have ended paying less for an original one

In a nutshell, I converted it to 2WD, removed the roof, rear wiper, put Lexan, 3.8 ltr pressure sensing engine, GT2 suspension components, GT2 EVO race 6 speed sequential gearbox, GT2 aluminum doors (just sold them), some interior changes etc.. But it is still a street car in a sense that it has many of the heavy luxuries still. It is brutal and I enjoy it immensely both on the street and the track.

I hope that we will be seeing you more on this board now that you have come back to your senses
Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Drive it back - it'd be a great trip. It'll help you bond with the car.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for drive it back. I know life can be hectic and it is tough to get away but 10 years from now you'll still be talking about the trip back with your "new" car. Good luck.

Quick Reply: F/S RENNLISTERS CAR