Sponsored by:

Missouri Turbos+ general advice sought

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:29 PM
bkniep
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Missouri Turbos+ general advice sought

I'm just starting the process of hunting for a 993 TT. Also considering a 355. I've been running an s2000 for the last 5 years and love the communication and balance of the car. I'm more of a handling and adjustability than a pure speed guy and would love to hear from any local Turbo drivers about their experience. Are there any 993 Turbo drivers in Missouri I could buy a drink for (am in the wine import biz) and swap stories? Maybe get a taken for a ride around the block. It's hard to finagle a test drive at the local dealers that have these cars and since I will be keeping this next purchase for a long time, I want to make sure I'm in the right ride.
Thanks for your help. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and this seems like a great community.

I know there is a thread aloready running with a WTB Turbo title. I'm in the same boat but also really like black and midnight blue. ANy suggestions, please PM. I also don't mind mileage into the 40s since I'll be immediately re-working the suspension.

Bill
Old 04-08-2006, 06:31 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send Cliff Leve in St. Louis a message, or Tom Larkins in Kansas City. Both have 993TTs... Cliffs is stupid fast as he likes to call it. He sent me an email this week wondering if he can lower the boost a little as he is getting too much tire spin coming out of the turns on the track... Do a search for them on the site.

Good luck. You won't regret it.... These a great cars. Probably the finest Porsche ever built.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:29 AM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, I'm over on the KC side of the state, anything I can do to help shoot me a PM and I will give yo my #. I hear where your coming from w/your " communication & balance " statement.

Coming from a NSX I considered a 355F1, guess which one I bought........

Quick Reply: Missouri Turbos+ general advice sought