Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my 993tt!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations. You have a real looker there... Hans at RUF put a set of 996TT wheels on mine right after I got it. The original wheels were chrome. They had a set right off a brand new car, new tires and all. I was all fidgety. I had just got my 993TT and had newbie complex real bad. Jeeze, what would the Porsche club guys think of me? What to do? What to do? It was before I knew you could come to Rennlist in times of need. And well, they were real Porsche wheels after all...

What a pleasant surprise the first time I saw it with 996TT wheels. The 993TT was made for 996TT wheels. There is just something about the spokes' compound curvatures and the way they flow into the rim. Perfect accentuation for the senuous 993 curves... In my humble opinion. Anyway, congrats and welcome to the board.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 AM
pjb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im loving the car, and have driven it every chance i get!! i really am surprised how much ppl like the 996tt rims on the car as well. after i mention that im looking for aftermarket rims, they ask WHY?? maybe ill just save the $$ and keep the rims as is unless i find a used set down the road.

only complaint thus far is the brake squeal when im just driving around town. i did a search and did NOT find much other than it will squeal. i just got new pads and rotors, so id expect a bit of squeal, but any suggestions...i guess i could just turn the radio up. tia
Old 02-08-2006, 12:27 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you use the factory pads and vibration dampers(often skipped) there shouldn't be any squeal.

Quick Reply: Finally got my 993tt!!