Sponsored by:

PPI @ Porsche Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:47 AM
HODY905
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI @ Porsche Dealer

I have located a TT @ a Porsche dealer and I want to have a PPI performed. Is it too self serving to have the selling dealer perform the PPI? Should I take the car to another dealer/shop? How do dealers react to taking a car to another dealer/shop?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:54 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Definitely have another shop of your choice perform the PPI. Sorry, but I am too paranoid to have a seller give me their interpretation of the condition of a car. I have been lied to too many times to trust a selling dealer.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:21 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, do take it to another shop. Especially if it is a TT. Most of the dealers hardly see these cars anymore. Find an independent that KNOWS what to look for in a TT. I had one customer that bought a TT from a Porsche dealer that was just serviced. After he brought it in we needed to immediately install new steering rack boots, front rotors and pads along with new calipers (the rotors were on backwards and the car had been tracked so the calipers clear coat melted off from the heat). Then there was the broken driveshaft and the turbos that had blown seals. All in all an ugly situation.

If the shop does not want you to take it somewhere else, then they are not a place that I would do business.....
Old 11-17-2005, 04:44 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any reputable dealer will let you take it elsewhere.

If not, then walk away.

Not sure where you live, but if you're in Northern Jersey, Powertech is well known!

Quick Reply: PPI @ Porsche Dealer