Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Rufus is dead (alarm/immobilizer)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Angry Help: Rufus is dead (alarm/immobilizer)

Please, can anybody help me. I took Rufus to a body shop for his recent repairs/upgrades. One of the repairs involved removing the driver's door. When I got the car back, I noticed that the driver's door would not lock/unlock (but the pass door would), and the alarm was armed/disarmed with the key fob. I also noticed that none of the mirror controls were working. I too k the car back to get this opened up and looked after. They fiddled around, and now the alarm will not shut off. Help. Please. What can we do at this point?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounded like the alarm sensor on the door. It happened to me before in my 993 when I drove through rough roads and of course, at the time, I had my PSS9 setup at 0. One of the sensor on the driver's side door must've came off or loose, thus, I wasn't able to turn on the alarm, the only way to lock the door was to use the key. They must've did something else afterwards to cause the mirror controls to go out of whack. I'm sorry I can't be more help, other than sharing the same experience. I never had a chance to fix it when I sold the car.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Peter S 993tt
Racer

Steve - don't panic - you have to look in the manual - get the alarm code and disarm the alarm manually with the key in the ignition switch. It took me a couple of times. Remember after you enter the number with the key ( you twist it that number of times) you have to wait until you get the immibilizer light to flash before you can enter the next digit.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:28 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions, but they fixed it! It was simply a loose terminal (are there a couple of them) on the battery. They just called and said everything (mirrors/door locks/alarms) are working fine, and I can pick the car up tomorrow. Whew. And Peter... I absolutely DO panic. I need to take a breath. Whew.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Peter S 993tt
Racer

Good - glad it worked out - I still recommend that you learn how to disable the alarm manually though.

Quick Reply: Help: Rufus is dead (alarm/immobilizer)