Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a RUF

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005 | 03:43 AM
set4lfe
Intermediate

Default Bought a RUF

Accidently posted this in the non turbo 993 board, hope i dont get in trouble meant to post it here, but anyways

I bought a RUF R Turbo conversion so now my 993TT is up for sale. At first I wanted to add more power to the 993TT but then I started looking around and became more interested in a completed package. I love both cars but for now I have to go with the 550hp

My 993TT is on the classified page if anyone is interested.

Here are some cool pictures of the cars next to each other.Its hard to tell the difference between Polar and Artic silver until you see them side by side. Polar Silver is so much nicer.

Old 10-18-2005 | 11:39 AM
tlark
Drifting

One of our local guys has one like that although the wheels are different. A real piece of work w/the hidden roll cage and attention to detail. He tracks his every chance he gets and loves it. I suggest you do the same and repeat as needed. Congrates
Old 10-18-2005 | 01:13 PM
set4lfe
Intermediate

I plan on tracking it
Old 10-18-2005 | 01:20 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

set4life,

I'm just a Ruf novice, having just acquired my 993 Turbo R conversion. I was surprised that the 996 Ruf is also called a Turbo R. What upgrades do they do to the car in that conversion?

As far as selling your 993TT, the 993 is probably the best forum, as many of the 993 guys are looking to move "up" to a 993TT. I would suggest a seperate thread with a better title. However... I believe the rules of this forum require you to be a member in order to advertise a car for sale... perhaps that even applies to posting your car in the classifieds? I'm not sure about the rules, and am not "the enforcer", just a heads up. Anyway, I'd be interested in your "comparo" of the performance of the two cars.

Last edited by ca993twin; 10-18-2005 at 01:26 PM. Reason: posted this to the wrong forum... again. Doh.
Old 10-18-2005 | 02:22 PM
set4lfe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ca993twin
set4life,

I'm just a Ruf novice, having just acquired my 993 Turbo R conversion. I was surprised that the 996 Ruf is also called a Turbo R. What upgrades do they do to the car in that conversion?

As far as selling your 993TT, the 993 is probably the best forum, as many of the 993 guys are looking to move "up" to a 993TT. I would suggest a seperate thread with a better title. However... I believe the rules of this forum require you to be a member in order to advertise a car for sale... perhaps that even applies to posting your car in the classifieds? I'm not sure about the rules, and am not "the enforcer", just a heads up. Anyway, I'd be interested in your "comparo" of the performance of the two cars.
The upgrades are the standard 550 package and the suspension and the pedals . Everything else is stock. I was considering getting a 996TT and having it converted myself, but I found this one already done. If I had the conversion done I would have done the bumper, wing, steering wheel, speedometer, and floor mats.

Sorry if I broke the posting rules somewhere. Here is my membership number RLM#: 051110-4808
Old 10-18-2005 | 03:00 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Set,

With your membership number, you should be able to get your 993TT on the Rennlist classifieds. They are a bit pokey sometimes in getting your status changed... perhaps an email to John/Jen can get that fixed.

My car came with the Ruf engine package, suspension and 19" wheels as well as 3 pedals (no dead pedal) and floor mats. I've added the dead pedal, the CTR-2 front and rear bumbers, the a-pillar fairings, and the Ruf steering wheel. I have some used Ruf sports seats on their way. I'm thrilled with the car. Congrats on the Ruf, and good luck with the sale of your 993TT.
Old 10-18-2005 | 04:45 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by ca993twin
set4life,

RUF distinguishes between the two models by the placement of the "R". For the 993, it's Turbo R, for the 996, it's R Turbo.

The Turbo R I autocrossed a few years back is still the best car I've ever driven, I fell in love with that car after only a few laps.

Quick Reply: Bought a RUF