Sponsored by:

Aluminum Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:29 PM
RoadKill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Pedals

I'm looking into getting aluminum pedals for my Turbo. I really like the look of the Billet models that have cross-hatching to improve grip with the sole of your shoe or sneaker. My only question is whether or not that makes any sense for the gas pedal. It seems as if you'd want that pedal smooth in order to feed power smoothly to the engine. Then again, the factory pedels are rubber to improve grip!
Anyone out there with experience with aluminum pedals that can give some first hand advice?

Thanks for any input.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using the Ruf pedals. Aluminium finish with rubber for good grip. Never slipped once.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:20 PM
MOD500
Racer

Have a full set of Techart pedals on mine, with no rubber.

They are fine, apart from its a bit risky to wear leather soled shoes to drive in if its wet, they do slip some what. I normally wear rubber soled sports shoes when driving, and have no problems in inclement weather.

The Al pedals make it much easier to heel and toe due to their increased width over the standard items.

Thanks

Martyn.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Woodster
Drifting

I used Ultimate pedals and love them, they offer shiny aluminum or dull. I intalled myself in 1.5 hours
and absolutely love them. Nice little company that CNC machines them to your order. I love the
look and feel of them and bought the shiny which are not TOO shiny. I believe it is:
www.ultimatepedals.com

Quick Reply: Aluminum Pedals