Sponsored by:

Cross Post-OT: Need hotel recco. on I-5 N. of Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005 | 04:17 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Cross Post-OT: Need hotel recco. on I-5 N. of Sacramento

I'm heading up to Brookings, Oregon from Orange County on Saturday, for a road trip to visit my parents. I'd appreciate recommendations for a nice hotel/B&B close to the 5 Fwy. between Sacramento and Redding.

Thoughts??

Thanks for the assist!!

Bill
Old 05-04-2005 | 07:55 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Bill
Since no one else has jumped in yet I'll tell you I've made the SoCal - Seattle run too many times and have stayed in Sacramento and Redding a few times without much satisfaction - the Red Lion in Redding was ok a number of years ago but very close to the freeway. Now I always stay at the Best Western Miners Inn in Yreka. Yreka is about an hour north of Redding. It's near the freeway but there's a green belt to quiet the noise.The rooms are very clean, well decorated, huge (get a double in the wing that the office is on) pet friendly, wi-fi and it's around $72 with tax AAA($82 with declared pet). There's a few restaurants and bars in walking distance. In the morning your drive starts with the best views of the whole trip and your in Oregon under an hour. That's all I've got. Have fun.
Old 05-05-2005 | 06:34 AM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Plenty of clean comfy places, but nothing I could describe as upscale. I usually stay at the Golden Pheasant Best Western in Willows when at Thunder Hill, which is in the right area.

Quick Reply: Cross Post-OT: Need hotel recco. on I-5 N. of Sacramento