Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone dealt with Foreign Cars Italia (NC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 01:41 PM
pjb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone dealt with Foreign Cars Italia (NC)

Has anyone dealt with this place before? Im interested in the 993tt there and would appreciate any feedback on the quality of cars, reputation, etc. thanks advance.

here is a link to the car in question (imo, asking price is a bit high, but they are working with me).

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/id...r_id=179765098
Old 05-01-2005, 05:06 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

No personal experience, but have a friend who had a friend.... who had real trouble with them. Take it with a grain of salt. I don't know them. Maybe some of the Greensboro or 'charlotte contingent will chime in
Old 05-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

I use the Greensboro location. I have never bought a car from them, but their 911 service tech (Henry) is very good. Overall I have been pleased with what they have done. Sorry, don't have any knowledge of the CLT location.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 PM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have talked to them (Greensboro location), over the past several years, tried to deal with them but was never able to, ( I have purchased 7 P cars over the past 6 years for myself and family, from other Porsche dealers.) My name dissapeared ?? of their wait list once for a F360.

Was this car modified? Their(Foreign Cars) specs show the car as a 2 wheel drive. Check to see if someone pulled out the front " Diff " making it 2wheel drive.I understand that all US 993- 996/997 TT's were all wheel drive. Porsche did make a 2wd GT2,(Turbo), for Europe only. The other option is that the car was originaly a C2 and turbos were added.In other words it started life as a normaly aspirated C2.Good luck and be aware of what your buying.

Quick Reply: Anyone dealt with Foreign Cars Italia (NC)