Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to lower '97 993TT. Any springs/shocks to sell?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:11 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have a ROW vs PSS9 write up in a couple of days. The kit is being installed as we speek. This will be a good comparision since my old shocks and springs only have 8,000 miles on them.

I was sold when I drove my friends car. I felt the ride was smoother than mine yet it cornered much better.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieC
Steve and everyone else - I would like to lower my car. I know that can be accomplished with the PSS9's but are there other alternatives? What about different springs? My car is stock. It seems to ride ok to me but I don't take it to the track and drive it hard. I just want the lower look and if the shocks need to be changed......then that is fine too.

My car is about like Careener's. It has just under 30K on it and when I asked about the condition of the shocks that are on the car I was told they are fine.

Just fishing for some input.

Thanks,
Hi Eddie:

First, I would tell you that at 30K miles, its likely that the factory Monroe shocks have already seen their best days and are well past their prime,...

Replacing them with Bilstein's would be the foundation of your suspension upgrade.

For a mild lowering, I'd suggest the ROW (Euro) M030 springs,......for something a bit lower, I'd suggest H&R Sport Springs which will drop the car about 1.25" from stock.

Combined with the Bilstein HD's struts & shocks, I think you would be very pleased with the ride quality, handling and appearance of your TT.

Quick Reply: Looking to lower '97 993TT. Any springs/shocks to sell?