Sponsored by:

Alignment suggestions . pls.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment suggestions . pls.

Im having the TT aligned this week and wanted some suggestions.

My goal is to have the car feel more like my old c2 so that the nose feels lighter and more tossable with less 'push'.
The car is mostly street but about 10 track days per year and im a poor to intermediate driver (white group for DE).
My suspension is PSS-9 with TRG sway bars. Stock TT twisty wheels on S02 tires. (225,285)

Any input for me to give my shop?
Old 04-10-2005, 11:48 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Rob,
The problem with having the nose feel lighter is that you'll run right off the track with massive understeer. You should want it to feel balanced and controllable at both the entrance and exit of a turn. If you're too light up front, it'll just push right past your turn-in point.

I set my TRG's at the softest setting up front, and the middle setting in the rear. I set the PSS9's in the middle front & rear for street, and full hard in the rear only for track. I had this setup with 1.7/1.5 camber and it drove well and tracked fairly well. I just added monoball/camber plates, heavier springs, and revalved my PSS9's and it was a totally different car this weekend at Cal Speedway. I don't think though that I'd want to street drive it a lot this way.....
Old 04-11-2005, 01:29 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also prefer the more tossable feeling in a vehicle rather than the super-stiff steering, stable feeling. This lighter feeling can be accomplished with two alignment settings: caster and toe. Less caster provides less straight ahead stability and less toe-in makes the car feel a lot more agile. For the best compromise for track/street, I went with the RS settings with my RUF PSS9's and am VERY happy with the result. When you take into consideration that I did something like 50+ alignments on my previous 944 Turbo S culminating in essentially the same setup as Greg Fordahls' settings, you can be assured that the RS settings are excellent right out of the box.

Last edited by fc-racer; 04-11-2005 at 02:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Alignment suggestions . pls.