Sponsored by:

Turbo S on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:25 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Turbo S on Ebay

I wanted to share this with everyone. I was searching ebay this morning and found this car http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10156 Since I have been looking for a 94 Turbo S flatnose or 97 turbo S, I did a little research. I made a few calls and found the car had been for sale for a while and might have rock chips and scratches. I went the seller's website and noticed the driver's seat and steering were both in awful shape. Although the seller is telling the car is perfect, I just wanted my fellow rennlisters to be careful ot spending top dollar for this car.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:33 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Additionally he has a black regular 96 TT for sale. They were both listed on E-Bay and Autotrader back in November when I was looking. I talked to him on the phone about the regular TT but he was stuck on 70k then and apparently still is. He sent me a lot of pics but small files....
Old 03-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its actually a 1997 Blk/Blk with 23k Miles
Old 03-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I can't figure out the car biz. I would think that you'd vacuum the carpets and clean the finger prints off the center console before taking pictures of a $90,000+ car.

Greg H.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:53 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg H.
I can't figure out the car biz. I would think that you'd vacuum the carpets and clean the finger prints off the center console before taking pictures of a $90,000+ car.

Greg H.
My thoughts exactly. It make you wonder how much care he took of the care while he was driving it. After I saw the racing pedals and the shape of the car, it makes me believe this car was not garage queen.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:24 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the deal on these cars. I dont think they are worth any premium unless they are in the 5k mile
range or under. after that its a regular turbo with some goodies. the goodies dont amount to much
You can chip your regular TT to well over 424hp. The additional oil cooler is worthless.
I agree with Club that the steering wheel is horrible and the dirvers seat shows WAY more wear than 17K miles, this leaves me with little confidence on this car
My car had 45K miles and the interior was perfect how did this one get so bad? Unless it was left outside. One other thing that bothered me was there were 2418 pics of the left side only. Why not
one pic of the passenger side. So here are the realities. That cars suspension is prolly shot and I am wondering if there was a rollback on the odo. The car does NOT look like a 17K mile car.
There is a certain amount of charm on an S that deminishes rapidly with miles driven. It looks like a
dailey driver to me from the exterior shots. The small files to buyers is a no no. You need to be upfront and send BIG photos if they have the bandwith. This is a go see vehicle for sure and 90K is a drug induced stupor. Just my opinion. I would ask a local Rennlister to go see it. Grant lives in Longmont I think. I bet he would go see it if it was close. But there is a lot not covered here that bothers me. We have an S owner on Rennlist and got a 25K-30K S for alot less than that.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Curt911
Pro

Damn, I sure would not ride in one of his planes if he does not take any better care of them!

He must be on the pipe if he thinks he will get that kinda money.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:59 AM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul, JR, et al -

When I saw these last fall in Autotrader.com I too thought - wow, a pair of twins, here in Colorado..., then I did a little bit of research on this fellow on the web, and found a settlement against him and his company (http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/co/072303Frame1Source1.htm) for underpaying postage on his bulk mailing to the tune of $2.4m. After that, I decided that I didn't want to look any further no matter how appealing the cars might be.

Since the information is of public record, I don't believe that it should be kept secret and should be helpful for anyone who might be interested in the cars.

Doug
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

When I started questioning him about the issues on the car he got very defensive. I guess I could undertsand that if wasn't a car that was suppose to so rare and would be selling for a premium. Last year I saw a 30K+ mile car sell for less and it looked a lot better. I agree, either the speedo is wrong or this car was abused.

I also think when a seller used airplanes in the background he is trying to inflate his own self worth.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Cooter
Advanced

Originally Posted by clubrcr
I also think when a seller used airplanes in the background he is trying to inflate his own self worth.
I'd agree with you IF either of those planes were worth much...Now if he had a G-IV, V, Challanger, BBJ, Citation X, Lear 65 or a Global Express I might agree with you
Attached Images  

Last edited by Cooter; 03-23-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:37 PM
BABaracus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys,

Looks like the rims have been re-finished also...they don't appear to be the stock S chrome-like finish.
As no one can re-finish these with the stock finish, and a replacements set from Porsche = +- $5158, a pretty costly item if you want the stock look.

- james

Quick Reply: Turbo S on Ebay