What are the makes of the pedals ?
Old 03-15-2005 | 05:07 AM
ST
Advanced

Very neat package...you got taste...
Old 03-15-2005 | 02:53 PM
Woodster
Drifting

what is total cost of steering wheel installed and does it have an air bag in it!?
the interior looks perfectly done!
Old 03-15-2005 | 10:08 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Tom Larkins
What are the makes of the pedals ?
Thanks for the compliments folks. I thoroughly enjoy everything about the cabin of this 993TT. It's all business and full of quality materials. The one extravagant detail that gives the gauges a bejeweled look (almost like each gauge is an individual watch face) is the addition of the highly polished chrome gauge rings.

The gas pedal is from Wings Engineering. They used to advertise in the back of Excellence and Panorama, and were located in Connecticut. Not sure if they're still in business. After right knee ACL reconstruction and five arthroscopies, the wider pedal and its lower extension help greatly with throttle blips and heel/toe-ing. The Wings Engineering pedal slips over the gas pedal and can be adjusted for angle and depth.

The brake and clutch pedals are the "Competition Style Billet Aluminum Pedals" from AJUSA.

The dead pedal is from www.ultimatepedals.com
Old 03-15-2005 | 10:15 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by MARTY KAYE
what is total cost of steering wheel installed and does it have an air bag in it!?
the interior looks perfectly done!
The steering wheel was approximately $600 about four years ago. As with all retailers who discover one of their products is hot (think PSS9's), the price has since gone up about 30 percent. It has an airbag and it took my shop about an hour to install it.
Old 03-16-2005 | 01:52 AM
AA993TT
Advanced

Interior looks great! I really like the shifter and e-brake, what brand are they? Thanks...we are all picking your car apart, amazing transformation!
Old 03-16-2005 | 06:19 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by AA993TT
Interior looks great! I really like the shifter and e-brake, what brand are they? Thanks...we are all picking your car apart, amazing transformation!
Thanks. The shifter is a 996TT leather/aluminum shifter with the leather boot modified to fit the 993 shifter surround. Available from Gert at www.carnewal.com The e-brake is an OEM Porsche carbon fiber/aluminum shifter that came as part of the car's original carbon fiber/aluminum package from the Exclusiv department.
Old 03-18-2005 | 06:42 PM
Dave Middleton
Track Day

Am about to buy mats (thanks for the link).
I also love the white gauge faces. Where is the best place to get quality ones and are they reasonably easy to fit?
Old 03-19-2005 | 11:55 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

John,

Your car looks great, as always. Thank you for posting the link. I was getting by with one of the inferior floormat sets sold by Porsche 2-3 years ago. It's nice to see that the original quality floormats are available again.
Old 03-19-2005 | 02:53 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Do those mats have the strap thing that keeps them from bunching up under the pedals?
Old 03-19-2005 | 08:27 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Anir
John,
Your car looks great, as always. Thank you for posting the link. I was getting by with one of the inferior floormat sets sold by Porsche 2-3 years ago. It's nice to see that the original quality floormats are available again.
Thanks Anir. My inferior copy had become hard as concrete and the carpet had worn away to the rubber backing.

Originally Posted by dfarrow
Do those mats have the strap thing that keeps them from bunching up under the pedals?
These mats have the round hole and screw cap for anchoring the mats on the post just in front of the seat. No sliding or bunching so far.

Originally Posted by Dave Middleton
Am about to buy mats (thanks for the link).
I also love the white gauge faces. Where is the best place to get quality ones and are they reasonably easy to fit?
Dave, those gauges are OEM gauges. Not sure where you can get those or suitable replicas. Some folks try Techart, Palo Alto Speedometer, NR Auto, or North Hollywood Speedometer.
Old 03-20-2005 | 01:10 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

John,

Beautiful interior! You should take a look at CF RS door panels. I just bought a pair from Germany, you will love them, OEM quality.
Old 03-20-2005 | 12:54 PM
Dave Middleton
Track Day

John,
Thanks for your answers. I will look for quality gauges, as your's (and the rest of your car) look great.

Quick Reply: Received my Lloyd's mats