Sponsored by:

Deposit paid on my new TT !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 AM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd leave the Turbo badge off, as I ordered mine that way. I think it looks smoother and not quite so over the top. Downside is that some will accuse you of having a C4S with an added spoiler, until you light off the turbos.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:23 AM
doogle
Instructor

I've had quite a few lhd cars here in the UK. I prefer driving left hand drive, especially 911's. I don't know if you've driven a rhd one but a lot of things are 'wrong' with the car. The pedals are far more offset that a lhd, there's also less room in the pedal area. The fuel cap and engine lid release are on the opposite side to the driver (they did move the trunk release). Some say the steering feel isn't the same, rear wiper, I'm sure there's more but I've just woken up! I find it takes about a week or two to get totally comfortable in the left seat.
On the down side, toll booths etc. are a pain but don't see many of those things. Some people say overtaking is more dangerous....surely overtaking in a car with 408 hp is safer and certainly quicker than a car with say 100 hp . Insurance isn't a problem I find. I suppose resale is a big problem as it takes longer to sell a lhd car, but I won't be selling for a while
re the Turbo badge, I'm still undecide on that one - I think secretly I want people to know! Is that bad?!!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Woodster
Drifting

ITS GOOD, VERY, VERY GOOD.

Quick Reply: Deposit paid on my new TT !!!