Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions please

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005 | 05:30 PM
tlark
Drifting

Default A few questions please

1) 2 6mm allen bolts exist on each swing up bracket for the rear turbo deck lid. Is there a hidden backing washer & nut inside the body work that I can't see by the louvers or can I simply remove the bolts and take the lid off?

2) The cover for the intercooler, rubber molding surrounds it. (#1) I assume it serves to keep moisture out from the remainder of the engine bay (#2) and to also help direct the air flow to where its needed most??? I don't know about the 2nd benifit.... has anyone ever ran w/o it for weight savings when they track. It seems I've seen more than a few cars running w/o them, doesn't save more than a few pounds, I was just wondering.

3) Saw an add in Panarama w/some guy selling a CD/PDF copy of the 993 workshop manual. Is the manual alot different than a turbo workshop manual. I sure have alot of questions and can't always get the amswers elsewhere and I would love to get a copy.

I know, copyright laws but what the heck.....PCNA will make it up on me later

Check this out
http://www.tiresmoke.de/videos/alzenstuck.wmv
Old 02-19-2005 | 06:08 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

#2-The airflow control is the main reason for the careful sealing of the intercooler. Moisture can just drop through the cooling element itself, so no reason there.

#3-The 993 manual is much more extensive than the Turbo supplement. I would rate it as invaluable.

Quick Reply: A few questions please