Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 TT (550HP)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

No, it's neither common nor legal to remove the front wipers. But... it never rains in So. Cal (well... except maybe for this year), and I don't drive my car in the rain. My wipers are in the trunk if I ever really need them.

Nor is it legal to not have a front license plate. I'd guess 10% of the cars on the road in So Cal, and virtually all high performance cars don't have a front plate. Not having a front plate gives the police the right to stop you for no other reason. This is such a good deal for them that they hardly ever write a ticket to make you put one back on. So, if you don't have a front plate, make sure you have nothing to hide!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Jakarta, for 10 cents extra, if you are of the 'wipers in rain' persuasion; your taxi driver will stick the wiper arm on if you ask. On your side of the windshield...
Old 02-14-2005, 03:23 AM
martyg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks, Steve

appreciate the nice words. The wipers are off for twos reasons. Car has never seen rain and they block the view. Man, I really need to keep my car perfect. You guys on this board are really detailed oriented.

As for the color. I should have heard that one coming. Yes it is a funny color at first glance. Ya Ya. But there is a method to it. Polar silver is blue, so that blue works. Kind of non-sporty at first and then ya it grows on you. By the way the seatbelts are the same color. Seeing the picture now. I had yellow on my 98S and in stock form they come Red. Does not leave alot left. Was not my choice, my friend who owned the car before me picked the color. But I do like it.

Marty
Old 02-14-2005, 03:49 AM
nman413
Drifting

This is the funniest part about OFE's post:

"4). Marty is a neat guy, and just getting to know Rennlist. I hope I didn't scare him off. "

Seriously. That is a nice car. You can get LA Speedometer to color match your boost gauge. Glad to see another sibling to mine now that Jeff/Joe/John's car has left the Bay Area...
Old 02-14-2005, 10:06 AM
MOD500
Racer

Welcome!

Beautiful car.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Default nice car, color, name!

marty,

what an awesome find, the car is really set up perfectly!
welcome to the slippery slope of rennlist and you are
home to alot of horsepower junkies on this 993tt thread

Marty
Old 02-14-2005, 08:18 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default Nice Car, Nice Name.

Thank you. Problem is though, I did not build it from scratch. If I did I could answer all the questions. But I'll get. Something else. Thanks for the tip on the guage. I would like it to match. Besides that. What more can I do except drive it.

I spoke to Gulf Performance today and told Felix that I wanted more HP. Could I boost to 1.2 or 1.3. He laughed and said only if you want A bomb. Strange, after only a week I took ca993 (Steve) for a ride and he felt the same thing I did when I first drove the car. Week later, I want more. Sort of serious, sort of not. But...

What is going on for the Malibu Run. Maybe I will post a thread.

Marty
Old 02-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Marty, Very nice TT! Hope I see it in the area soon. Steve, thanks for the letting me know about you meeting up with Marty, you know I need any opportunity I can get to drive my car.

Scott
Old 02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Marty,

I forgot to ask if you have a second aux oil cooler on the car. My guess is yes, since Felix and Gulf Performance sound like they know what they are doing. This is something you really need to check on, or you'll have to watch your oil temps until you get one installed. 550 HP = lots of heat.

And the drive for more and more HP? We're all hopeless lunatics in that regard. Good luck resisting.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:00 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Car looks familiar to me with the blue calipers. Was the prior owner a stock broker in SoCal?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:48 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Scott,

I'm so ashamed. Why don't I have your phone number in my Palm? But I'll tell you this... I just saved you $80,000 or so. Trust me... DO NOT GO FOR A RIDE IN MARTY'S CAR. OK... how about an early morning jaunt with the Malibu crew? We can caravan over. Or meet them somplace along the way. Whadda you say? Maybe Marty & Scott Mellor and all the others I've forgotton will join in.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:02 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy **** that car is absolutely gorgeous! Oh, and it's fast too???
Congratulations Marty. I think we now have 4 Polar Silver TT's in the area (sorry Jauder).
Old 02-15-2005, 02:14 AM
martyg
Advanced

Default Thanks Scott

And are those the Techart black wheels. Great look. I woulld paint mine for the same look but the RUF's are just that look. You know. No problem with oil temp, but I will ask about it in the morning. I think there is alot of mis information by alot of people out there. Like what you need and what you dont. Remember I did not do one ounce of research for the cars engine. Just sent it and trusted.

I was referred by Dayton at the DePartStop. Something else very interesting everyone should know. The FVD company. What do you think the "F" stand for. When you call FVD in the USA. You get an office, with a salesman. When you want work done on your car and you are willing to pay for it to be shipped to Florida it goes NEXT DOOR to Felix. Oh and when you want the pest parts you go to "FVD" or the "D" for Dayton @ DePartStop. Small Porsche world.

Anyway, I really enjoyed meeting steve and would like to meet others.

Marty

Thank you for all the compliments. I have known this car since the OD said 0 and have felt the same as all of you. Its a pleasure owning it.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:00 AM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Saaaaaay! Awesome car! Sorry I was out of town when you and Steve went for a ride.
The car looks familiar to me as well. Was the car owned by a guy in Westlake Village? I recollect seeing a similarly specced car with a blown motor that was awaiting parts last year. If so, I'm glad it's up and running and still local .
Hopefully we can meet soon.
Welcome!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
vrus
Racer

Very nice car there Marty!! I agree with you 100%... The 993TT is the best Porsche ever made.

All you guys with these Polar turbos are REALLY making me miss my Polar turbo. In my eyes it was the best colour for the 993tt. My new TT project car is black, so I will be on the dark side for now...

Drive safely!

Quick Reply: 993 TT (550HP)